Not open for further replies.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Preview: That is how good Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.5 will be

All beta update users already know about it: Emsisoft Anti-Malware is about to take half a step up on the version ladder. The current version 6.0 will become 6.5. Here are the most important new features:

Integrated e-mail scan for Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010 und 2010 x64.

New automatic game mode whenever a computer game is running in full screen mode.

Entire folders with all the contained programs can now be excluded from behavior analysis.

Quicker program start-up.

Improved uninstall protection against tricky malware.

Improved update logic of Commandline scanner.

Numerous detailed improvements and small bug fixes.

Current change log with all new features

More Information

D

Deleted member 178

Me too as well ^^ especially the startup speed increase.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
The current build is Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.5.0.9 and was released yesterday...It seems like the guys from Emsisoft started working on the 6.5 build on 27 Feb 2012 from what I see in their private forums.
I'm using Emsisoft and I've enabled the Beta updates...lets see how this build performs....
How to install Beta build:
Just run an online update with the "Use beta updates" option enabled.The option can be found under "Configuration"/"Update".

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
My EAM just updated to version 6.5.0.11, so would expect an official announcement soon on final release.

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012
mine got updated to 6.5 about 2 hours but still cant find the full changelog.

jamescv7

Level 85
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
RE: Emsisoft Anti-Malware 6.5 Is Here

A-Squared Newsletter

Translated Link

The following new features are waiting for you:

E-mail scanning for Outlook :
a-squared Anti-Malware scans from now on and all outgoing e-mails in Outlook directly. It supports Outlook versions 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2010 x64.

Full integration of the squared Anti-Malware Network :
The squared-own cloud database already contains information on millions of programs and supports the analysis of behavior in their work. In practical use it to take almost no false positives more. The complete database is under IstDieseDateiSicher.de searchable.

Improved self-protection :
Modern malware is going on and more skilled. Thus, they often miss a discovery by the installed protective software disabled. A-squared Anti-Malware protection is now even more effective against tampering with their own software.

Automatic Game Mode :
When a computer game as a full-screen application is started, switch-squared Anti-Malware by itself in a new game mode. This suppresses the automatic protection program all pop-up window and ensures that you can relax and pursue high scores.

Faster start :
When starting the program pushes our malware fighters now more on the accelerator and is therefore much faster to use.

Improved command line scanner :
The included command line scanner is a real goodie for administrators and can now be used, among other things to update the whole package.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.