Soucre: https://www.facebook.com/Emsisoft/posts/10151047145007172

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Final Version has been released today
Changelog:
Considerably enhanced scan engine: The second scan engine (B) has been replaced by a sophisticated variant. Moreover, scan performance can be personalized even further through new options.

Enhanced cleaning and surf protection: Registry entries that have been manipulated by malware and are required in order to start Windows are restored during cleaning. Surf protection relies on a brand new database that detects malware and phishing sites even earlier and causes fewer false alerts.

Faster online updates: Smaller incremental downloads arrive at least once per hour and can be used immediately.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0.0.11 Beta (with Beta updates enabled):
1. Display bug in scan result list fixed.
2. Registry traces removal issue fixed.
3. Restoring of false detected email attachments fixed.
4. Problem while submitting malware during scan process fixed.

Source: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/9346-beta-updates-%e2%80%93-2012-09-25/

D

Deleted member 178

For Info :

We knows that EAM v7 uses Bit Defender engine but also its B-Have component.

Fabian Wosar said:
B-HAVE has nothing to do with behavior blocking in the sense of watching applications running on the system in realtime like Mamutu does. B-HAVE is an extended emulator that "runs" files in a completely virtual environment environment as part of the signature scan. EAM 7.0 does use B-HAVE in the File Guard and on-demand scans. For real time protection it still uses its own behavior blocker (Mamutu).

Fabian Wosar - Emsisoft developer -

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0.0.12 Beta (with Beta updates enabled):
1. License changing problem in running guard fixed.
2. Auto update and scheduled scans scheduling problem fixed.
3. Minor GUI bugs in freeware mode fixed.
4. Minor problem in performance settings dialog fixed.
5. Whitelist export bug fixed.
6. Minor improvements in logging system.
7. Added a switch to enable/disable caching in commandline scanner.
8. Problem when removing malware located in archives with commandline scanner fixed.

Source: http://support.emsisoft.com/topic/9503-beta-updates-%e2%80%93-2012-10-06/

P

Plexx

Has anyone experienced any random slowdowns on boot with EAM 7 (official version and not Beta)?

With the same games and same exactly software or even less from before, these slow downs randomly appear delaying to nearly 1 minute of boot time (after entering pwd for user account).

D

Deleted member 178

Biozfear said:
Has anyone experienced any random slowdowns on boot with EAM 7 (official version and not Beta)?

With the same games and same exactly software or even less from before, these slow downs randomly appear delaying to nearly 1 minute of boot time (after entering pwd for user account).

yep , the service took sometimes 1mn to load

Overkill

Level 31
Verified
Honorary Member
Feb 15, 2012
Has anyone noticed the service taking up alot of ram/cpu since 7? whenever I used to check it it was always very light but lately it's way high!

P

Plexx

Same here MRF.

Guess until they resolve the issue, which I doubt it will be in the new patch/build, I am switching to good old ESET AV.

PS: Upon uninstalling, I did provide the relevant feedback and requested assistance. Let's hope they do check it unlike most surveys the user will never get a word back...

Umbra, any chance you can report the current issue in their forums? I can't seem to be able to sign up for an account due to my extremely slow connection. Appreciate it.

D

Deleted member 178

seems to be fixed in beta release, not happen to me anymore

P

Plexx

one thing i learnt from games: never try a new release nor think that if in an upcoming beta patch something is fixed, it will be fixed upon release.

that being said, I shall wait patiently for a month or so.

samit

Level 12
Thread author
Verified
Nov 4, 2011
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0.0.12 Final

Changelog:
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0.0.12 is a minor maintenance update for improved overall stability and performance:

1. Improved surf protection host list.
2. Optimized loading of signatures.
3. Display bug in scan result list fixed.
4. Registry traces removal issue fixed.
5. Restoring of false detected email attachments fixed.
6. Problem while submitting malware during scan process fixed.
7. License changing problem in running guard fixed.
8. Auto update and scheduled scans scheduling problem fixed.
9. Minor GUI bugs in freeware mode fixed.
10. Minor problem in performance settings dialog fixed.
11. Whitelist export bug fixed.
12. Minor improvements in logging system.
13. Added a switch to enable/disable caching in commandline scanner.
14. Problem when removing malware located in archives with commandline scanner fixed.

Source: http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2012/10/17/emsisoft-anti-malware-7-0-0-12-released/

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011
@samit
As i never check the gui.
Appears mine has updated overnight, thanks :)

evdNA.png

P

Plexx

can anyone confirm the following issues being fixed?

Occasional loading of windows if EAM is set to auto start taking up to a minute
Whilst updating EAM, memory consumption and cpu consumption going high
Opening any browser or any document memory going from 70k plus
System freezing whilst updating.

I have been requested some info by EAM but aint installing until at least system freezing and loading issues fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.