Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7 Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

Thread author
Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7 Public Beta

Continual changes on the malware scene require the ability to adapt and provide a fast and especially flexible response. Our team at Emsisoft do our utmost to constantly protect your PC using the finest technologies available. We believe that fundamental changes are sometimes neccessary in continuing to defend our first-class position. Therefore Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 introduces a completely new second scan engine which in addition to an even greater detection rate and less false positives, also boasts improvements to the performance of our real-time protection.

The most important improvements in Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0:

- Completely new second scan engine (B) with even more efficient scans and greater detection rate.
- Significantly less false alerts as they were usually caused by the former second scan engine.
- Improved first scan engine (A) now runs faster than ever.
- Significantly better real-time protection performance. The active guard does not slow down your computer.
- Optimized malware cleaning to be able to restore registry entries that were affected by malware.
- Improved surf protection with a brand new and more frequently updated database.
- Faster online updates via smaller differential downloads. This means hourly updates are ready for use without delay.

For experienced users: Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 is available to test

Our development team has just given the green light for a public beta version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 to go ahead. If Emsisoft Anti-Malware is already installed on your computer, activate beta updates via Configuration -> Update Settings -> Use beta updates and run an update.

The final version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 will be published as soon as we are confident of its stability. Therefore we are not able to disclose a fixed release date at this time.

For all customers with a valid license, the new public beta version is free of charge as usual via the regular online updates. When the final version is released, you will not need to take any further action to update.

Download

New Gui

click to enlarge

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011
RE: Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7 Public Beta

I don't see opportunity ,that download beta products.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

LiLWaYnE said:
I don't see opportunity ,that download beta products.

you must have the paid version

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

edited original post

I3rYcE

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 4, 2011

Thank you. LOL license expires in 2653 day :D

samit

Level 12
Verified
Nov 4, 2011

2653 days left :wacko: mine only 337 days left :sad:

how fast is beta.....do you feel any impact on system....

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

samit said:
how fast is beta.....do you feel any impact on system....

the Gui open faster, also the scans seems faster. for the footprint on the system, it is still light.

i will test a pack of malware to check the detection.

P

Plexx

Thread author

How much does RAM jump when you update/finish update and during Scan?

Could you check it for me Umbra?

Tnx

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Downloading now, will install on Windows XP (Mode) to test out. (No review)

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

Biozfear said:
How much does RAM jump when you update/finish update and during Scan?

actually downloading an update of 120mb, A2service.exe ram usage varies between 45 to 90 with an average consumption of 75mb. ah now idle around 15mb; cpu usage varies between 0.5 to 15%. still downloading.

Moose

Level 22
Jun 14, 2011

Umbra Corp! Are there any conflict with NOD32? With Emsisoft having the BitDefender engine?

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

not much than with Ikarus ^^ it run fine actually , i can even say it run better.

Actually it download Bit Defender signatures Database, same denomination than with Gdata (emalware.xx)

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012

Downloading the latest version and will give it a spin
Thanks umbra for the share

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

an issue may happen, in some system, the Bit defender engine seems to not function, my connection is quite slow, so im still downloading, it will be cool if someone can test its detection rate against a pack of malware.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011

Well this is disappointing, Emsisoft says I can't use the trial version. Proceeding with Freeware version + Beta updates.

D

Deleted member 178

Thread author

it is weird because i can do it on my VM. after or before the updates?

NSG001

Level 16
Verified
Nov 21, 2011

Nice info, we need someone now to do 6 vs. 7 detection comparison/s.
We know already of the high detection of version 6, ever curious :)

loveboy_lion

Level 1
Verified
Feb 23, 2012

Umbra Corp. said:
an issue may happen, in some system, the Bit defender engine seems to not function, my connection is quite slow, so im still downloading, it will be cool if someone can test its detection rate against a pack of malware.

EAM 7 Beta 721/814 = 88.57%

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.