Level 19
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 11.5.0.6191

Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 11.5.0.6191 released. This is a maintenance release for improved compatibility, usability, speed, detection and stability.

This update will require a computer restart for Emsisoft Internet Security.

• Improved: Emsisoft Security Center startup speed and UI responsiveness.
  • Fix: Fileguard executes the recommended action without any alert in Game mode.
  • Fixed: Occasional “Range check” error.
  • Fixed: Crash after ‘Scan computer’ initiated from tray icon.
  • Fixed: Issue where IP-address ranges were not blocked in Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Fixed: Occasional issue where application rules could not be deleted in Emsisoft Internet Security.
  • Fixed: Issue with not updated Surf protection hosts/risks actions after a settings import.
Changelog

Downloads

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Finally a fast EAM gui. It was annoying me every time i had to open it. Reminded me the pre ssd times which is a sad time to remember. :(

Reactions: Rishi and safe1st
H

hjlbx

Finally a fast EAM gui. It was annoying me every time i had to open it. Reminded me the pre ssd times which is a sad time to remember. :(

I noticed some slow-down too.

They are always having to tweak it; version updates sometimes mess with the GUI.

You would think that it should not, but it does; changes to code mess with unrelated stuff.

That's just how it goes sometimes.

Still, EAM\EIS remain best out-of-the-box security soft for the average user.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
I noticed some slow-down too.

They are always having to tweak it; version updates sometimes mess with the GUI.

You would think that it should not, but it does; changes to code mess with unrelated stuff.

That's just how it goes sometimes.

Still, EAM\EIS remain best out-of-the-box security soft for the average user.
For me gui was really slow even on changing tabs. Maybe even a second to show the tab properly. Now it's as it should and opens instantly. I hope it remains like that.
I like EAM as a first level of protection. Works pretty well for me and obviously better than any other antivirus i tried. Obviously i don't rely only on that because nothing is perfect.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

i don't feel any gui improvements for EIS, it still feels like it suffer from lag. EAM works perfectly for me with version 11.5.0.6191

darko999

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
Oct 2, 2014
That's one of the things I never liked about Emsisoft, I used to get a lot of crashes while just surfing the GUI. But it's a great Anti Malware.

H

hjlbx

For me gui was really slow even on changing tabs. Maybe even a second to show the tab properly. Now it's as it should and opens instantly. I hope it remains like that.
I like EAM as a first level of protection. Works pretty well for me and obviously better than any other antivirus i tried. Obviously i don't rely only on that because nothing is perfect.

This is recurring issue.

Emsisoft fixes it when it happens again.

That's just how it is...

Emsi products are 1st-rate.

dhul.karnain

Level 2
Verified
May 21, 2013
I'm really not seeing any GUI speed improvements. It takes 2-3 seconds to open, and at least a second between switching tabs.

Windows 10 x64 Pro, AMD FX-6300 (3.6 GHz), 8 GB RAM

I think EAM, like so many other apps and games, favors Intel processors and their strong per core performance. So it's not the first time us AMD users get shafted, you get used to being a second class user after a while.

H

hjlbx

I'm really not seeing any GUI speed improvements. It takes 2-3 seconds to open, and at least a second between switching tabs.

I think EAM, like so many other apps and games, favors Intel processors and their strong per core performance. So it's not the first time us AMD users get shafted, you get used to being a second class user after a while.

This is recurring issue with Emsi GUI; it is not hardware related.

They will fix it, but it takes time - sometimes months.

dhul.karnain

Level 2
Verified
May 21, 2013
They will fix it, but it takes time - sometimes months.

I don't get it. Didn't they just say in the changelog that they fixed the issue?
"
"

So we have to wait more for them to fix the issue they just 'fixed'?

H

hjlbx

I don't get it. Didn't they just say in the changelog that they fixed the issue?
"
"

So we have to wait more for them to fix the issue they just 'fixed'?

It is recurring issue.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014

My laptop has Intel Core i5, but what you experience is what I experience too. :D

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
It seems that the GUI issue could vary from system to system.

Just now, I installed the latest version of EAM on a VM. I find that the startup speed of EAM is actually improved significantly compared to the old versions.

When I was using EIS v10 in the past, I need to wait several seconds for the startup of the main window. By contrast, with the current version, the main window will appear nearly immediately after I double-click the tray icon. :)

Some details: My VM uses two CPU cores and 3GB RAM. The operation system is Win7 32-bit.

H

hjlbx

Emsi fixed the GUI issues on version 10. With all the changes in version 11, GUI lags re-emerged.

I have an i7 4720HQ with SSD and noticed a GUI\pane lag on my system as well.

All users need to do is report what they are experiencing on the Emsisoft Support forum and Emsi will track it down and fix it.

Emsisoft is the only security soft vendor that, in my experience, can be relied upon to fix user-reported problems.

It takes time though.

In version 9 it took about 3 to 6 months for Emsi to successfully implement a fix. In 10 the issue re-emerged and it was fixed. Now 11.

Personally, I think the GUI is one of the better ones, but the load lag has been one of the quirks of EAM\EIS since the introduction of the new GUI in v 9.

H

hjlbx

they didnt mention anything about adding more details to BB alerts ?:(

Emsi will not be adding more details to any alerts. In fact, it is their stated goal to eventually eliminate all alerts - so as to eliminate all user decisions.

Of course this is an ideal goal that I do not think is possible at this point in time.

I requested more infos and functionality be added to some of the EAM\EIS alerts; the idea was summarily rejected.

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Some difference here:

Consider the case where a ransomware use the technique called Process Hollowing to inject into a system process, and the encryption is done by the system process.

For Emsisoft, its Behavior Blocker could capture the activity of injection very well. However, if I choose "Allow Once" to allow the injection activity (This is certainly NOT recommended. I do this just for curious.), then the following encryption operation will not be alerted.

For Bitdefender, its behavior blocker - Advanced Thread Control (ATC) can also prevent the injection activity very well. The difference is that, even if ATC is turned off manually, the Ransomware Protection module of Bitdefender can still protect the documents against the ransomware.

So, I guess maybe we can say that, compared with Emsisoft, Bitdefender provides more layers of protection against ransomware.:)

Fabian Wosar

From Emsisoft
Verified
Developer
Well-known
Jun 29, 2014
For Bitdefender, its behavior blocker - Advanced Thread Control (ATC) can also prevent the injection activity very well. The difference is that, even if ATC is turned off manually, the Ransomware Protection module of Bitdefender can still protect the documents against the ransomware.
Ransomware protection in BD2016 also has a concept of trusted processes. If you inject into those, you are just as #####ed. Bottom line is, if you allow any malware to inject code into any trusted processes, you are SOL. No matter what the newest buzzword flavor of the month feature is called.

Reactions: NZRADAR and hjlbx
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.