Petrovic

Level 64
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Apr 25, 2013
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 10.0.0.5631 released. This is a maintenance release for improved usability, speed, detection and stability.

This update will require a computer restart.
  • Added: Emsisoft Internet Security: Windows 10 firewall support.
  • Improved: Emsisoft Internet Security: Firewall performance.
  • Improved: Logging of firewall driver installation.
  • Fixed: Connectivity issues on Windows Vista.
  • Fixed: An occasional BSOD on Windows XP.
  • Fixed: An occasional update loop on Windows Vista and newer.
  • Fixed: A2Guard not starting after a program update on Windows 10.
http://changeblog.emsisoft.com/2015...isoft-internet-security-10-0-0-5631-released/

Tony Cole

Level 27
Verified
May 11, 2014
It truly amazes me how such a relatively small company can produces great products, plus keep them updated on a regular basis - congrats to Emsisoft. It's a shame other(s) i.e., Kaspersky and Norton didn't heed to Emsisoft's ways.

H

hjlbx

It truly amazes me how such a relatively small company can produces great products, plus keep them updated on a regular basis - congrats to Emsisoft. It's a shame other(s) i.e., Kaspersky and Norton didn't heed to Emsisoft's ways.

Emsi's talent, focus and dedication enables them to overcome their limited resources... there is no other security vendor quite like Emsi.

H

hjlbx

Emsisoft has their own concept of general internet security and they stick to it. They are very conservative about adding features. In fact, the recent trend has been to remove configuration settings to reduce user mis-use.

They are also developing one or two critically needed features...

Emsi sticks to what they have and not keep adding features. They do a great job of refining their products over time.

So far, that methodology has worked.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Its simply where numbers of employees does not matter, a quality implementation techniques which are already exist and just revamp to the newer concept.

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
How much is the size of the signature update per update or per day?

H

hjlbx

How much is the size of the signature update per update or per day?

It varies. Default settings is upon user login and then each hour afterwards... unless the user changes it.

On my W8.1 system I never had any problems with updates... although I will admit, sometimes they can be large and slow.

I can tell you Emsisoft has put a lot of effort in making the update process faster and less trouble-prone.

While this doesn't answer your question directly I hope it has infos you can use...

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
It varies. Default settings is upon user login and then each hour afterwards... unless the user changes it.

On my W8.1 system I never had any problems with updates... although I will admit, sometimes they can be large and slow.

I can tell you Emsisoft has put a lot of effort in making the update process faster and less trouble-prone.

While this doesn't answer your question directly I hope it has infos you can use...
Thanks for the info!
I really would just like to know if EIS has bigger signature updates because I have a slow internet connection. I'm worried that updates won't be smooth because of this.

I just would like to know the range.

H

hjlbx

Thanks for the info!
I really would just like to know if EIS has bigger signature updates because I have a slow internet connection. I'm worried that updates won't be smooth because of this.

I just would like to know the range.

I have relatively fast, untroubled internet connection. The very first update would take about a minute... sometimes longer. Afterwards, the hourly updates I almost never noticed.

It is difficult to say at this point what your experience with EIS would be - since Emsi has made a lot of improvements in this area.

I don't know honestly. I can't tell you that you will have fast, trouble-free updates and then you use EIS and find out it takes 50 minutes for each update to process...

There's only one way to find out... use the trial. Alternatively, you can ask on the Emsisoft Support forum where you will get 1st-rate feedback...

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
I have relatively fast, untroubled internet connection. The very first update would take about a minute... sometimes longer. Afterwards, the hourly updates I almost never noticed.

It is difficult to say at this point what your experience with EIS would be - since Emsi has made a lot of improvements in this area.

I don't know honestly. I can't tell you that you will have fast, trouble-free updates and then you use EIS and find out it takes 50 minutes for each update to process...

There's only one way to find out... use the trial. Alternatively, you can ask on the Emsisoft Support forum where you will get 1st-rate feedback...
Yeah, I'm thinking of using a trial first. Then, if all works well, then I'll apply the giveaway license. Thanks!

Reactions: SecureRoutine
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.