Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.5.1 hotfix released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot

AI-powered Bot
Thread author
Verified
Apr 21, 2016
Released: Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.5.1 hotfix released

Changelog:
---------------
Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.5.1.7567 hotfix released.

This update will require an application restart.

• Fixed: ‘Emsisoft Protection is waiting for a component (service) to start..’ error on Windows 7 64-bit.
  • Fixed: Partly enabled debug logging, while disabled.

--------------

Source: Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.5.1 hotfix released

gin

Level 7
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
need reinstal eis after update o_O Ashampoo_Snap_2017.06.09_12h57m07s_001_.jpg

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Just for info, having the same issue with one of my PCs at work. EIS is already installed on it. After boot i get the error message.Then after a reboot, everything is back to normal. If i switch off my PC, and then i boot it again, the same procedure that i've described above should be repeated.:(

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
W

WolfensteinXeen

@gin @spaceoctopus Just so you know, when this kind of behavior occurs (problem on Windows startup but not on reboot) on Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, this is usually caused be Fast Boot. With Fast Boot enabled (by default), your computer doesn't totally shut down and it is more like a hibernation mode (drivers and some files are stored for a faster startup). The problem disappears when you restart because upon restart Windows 10 makes a traditional boot and loads all drivers and files from scratch. That's why i always disable Fast Boot as it can cause trouble and i don't care for the extra booting time.

gin

Level 7
Verified
Jan 16, 2014
@gin @spaceoctopus Just so you know, when this kind of behavior occurs (problem on Windows startup but not on reboot) on Windows 8, 8.1 or 10, this is usually caused be Fast Boot. With Fast Boot enabled (by default), your computer doesn't totally shut down and it is more like a hibernation mode (drivers and some files are stored for a faster startup). The problem disappears when you restart because upon restart Windows 10 makes a traditional boot and loads all drivers and files from scratch. That's why i always disable Fast Boot as it can cause trouble and i don't care for the extra booting time.
But, i use windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.