Emsisoft Anti-Malware & Emsisoft Internet Security 2017.7.0.7797 – with BETA updates enabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solarquest

Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 22, 2014
This update will require an application restart.

• New: Forensic log: a condensed timeline that shows all events and user actions in an easy to read form.
  • New: Auto-resolve mode for behavior blocker alerts: an option that makes all decisions on its own.
  • Improved: Program startup and updater performance.
  • Improved: Several minor tweaks and fixes.
  • Fixed: Issue that showed the scanner result window in scheduled scans even if silent mode was enabled.

Fritz

Level 11
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 28, 2015
Right on @mekelek, that big yellow bar part in the tests sure bothered them. :p

I think updater performance and doing away with the friggin' report window are my personal presents. I run EAM/EIS on several notebooks that I don't use every day and every time it takes literally ages to go through updates. Also, having that window pop up after every silent scan was very annoying. I chose the silent option for a reason, mind you.

i guess they got fed up with people crying about the BB asking questions so they put in an auto option hahaha

Some people will still complain "Emsisoft is auto-quarantining safe files ! I cannot or will not allow the file in the toaster alert. I cannot make decisions."

that log seems neat, how detailed is it tho?

To the point. Just the essentials.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Some people will still complain "Emsisoft is auto-quarantining safe files ! I cannot or will not allow the file in the toaster alert. I cannot make decisions."

To the point. Just the essentials.

Assume you have yours set to Alert for everything correct? Just curious as I am currently trialing EIS.

Assume you have yours set to Alert for everything correct? Just curious as I am currently trialing EIS.

I just use auto-resolve. In the auto-resolve toaster (fly-out) alert the user can Allow (= creates a permanent Allow Always rule).

If you want the ability to Allow\Block Once then set the BB to Alert.

Either way, the user is still going to have to make decisions for safe files that are unknown or have a small Emsi user community reputation rating in AMN that trigger a BB alert.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
I just use auto-resolve. In the auto-resolve toaster (fly-out) alert the user can Allow (= creates a permanent Allow Always rule).

If you want the ability to Allow\Block Once then set the BB to Alert.

Either way, the user is still going to have to make decisions for safe files that are unknown or have a small Emsi user community reputation rating in AMN that trigger a BB alert.

This is for the new beta correct? I am on the production version and not seeing these options. I have mine set to Block and Alert. Just starting testing EIS two days ago so it's all new to me.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 334

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Yes @Trooper, you can set it to either auto-nuke or alert. I prefer the latter, but AV tests seem to cater to single-celled organisms only.

See my post below for how mine is set. Again, new to the program. But looks like the settings that @Lockdown is speaking of is in the new beta.

This is for the new beta correct? I am on the production version and not seeing these options. I have mine set to Block and Alert. Just starting testing EIS two days ago so it's all new to me.

Behavior Blocker pane at bottom. Production has 4 options. New beta has 2 options.

Reactions: Trooper

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Behavior Blocker pane at bottom. Production has 4 options. New beta has 2 options.

Got it. Thanks for hitting me back. I think beta usually goes to Production version rather quickly with Emsisoft correct?

Got it. Thanks for hitting me back. I think beta usually goes to Production version rather quickly with Emsisoft correct?

Yes. Their beta builds are usually uneventful in terms of serious issues. In other words, they are basically stable. Minor glitches now and then. Once in a great while something serious. At least in my own personal experience with the product.

It is very easy to rollback to stable build from beta build. Just change it in the Settings > Updates and Emsi will rollback.

Reactions: Trooper

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Yes. Their beta builds are usually uneventful in terms of serious issues. In other words, they are basically stable. Minor glitches now and then. Once in a great while something serious. At least in my own personal experience with the product.

It is very easy to rollback to stable build from beta build. Just change it in the Settings > Updates and Emsi will rollback.

Did not know that. Thanks for the tip!

EDIT: Updated to the beta. So far so good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.