Status
Not open for further replies.

advanced_skill

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Nov 11, 2014
First thread

As it seems like Emsisoft is clearly winning, I would like to present a second question.
Hitman Pro Alert offers a deal to buy EAV + Alert for $39.95.
EIS is $49.95, but will be discounted as the license is renewed.
I like both but do not know which one to pick. More about the features and quality and impact, less about budget.

Clarification: First choice is EAM + HMP.A + Windows Firewall

Last edited:
Reactions: tonibalas

Online_Sword

Level 12
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Mar 23, 2015
Let's do math.:D
lets do math.jpg

Windows Firewall Control (WFC) lifetime license = $10.
So EAM + HMP.A + WFC (lifetime) = $49.95
On the other hand, EIS = $49.95, as mentioned by you.
So they have the same price.
But in my opinion, the combo EAM + HMP.A + WFC is better, because it has much more features.:)

H

hjlbx

@advanced_skill

Some things to consider with no particular order.

It comes down to using EIS or Windows firewall... which would you prefer ?

EIS can be set to block all unknown files from connecting to network automatically.

EAM has no firewall; so for optimum security one needs to add outbound network functionality. I used EAM + WFC.

WFC cannot be set to automatically block all unknown files from connecting to network... it alerts, then user must decide.

IF you desire more automation then EIS is clearly the best choice...

In the end, the cost is secondary to whether or not the softs work well on your specific system and work for you.

RmG152

Level 12
Verified
Jan 22, 2014
WFC cannot be set to automatically block all unknown files from connecting to network... it alerts, then user must decide.

When you run a file and this try to connect to internet with WFC on medium filtering:

If alerts are enabled:
It's blocked, then the user get alert.

If alerts are disabled:
It's blocked, then the user have to create rule.

It's not the same as EIS?

H

hjlbx

When you run a file and this try to connect to internet with WFC on medium filtering:

If alerts are enabled:
It's blocked, then the user get alert.

If alerts are disabled:
It's blocked, then the user have to create rule.

It's not the same as EIS?

Yes, I see I did not explain clearly. My apologies...

Yes, EIS and WFC are essentially the same.

However, EIS can be set to automatically block all Unknown requests by defaut = without notification.

With that setting what EIS blocks is dependent upon the file's rating in the Anti-Malware Network. Some legitimate, safe files - like livecomm.exe - are still rated as Unknown. So the user must create an Allow rule otherwise Windows Mail, People, Calender, etc will not work...

WFC does block by default but, of course, it generates an alert.

I would think most people would find the block without notification useless... however, I don't, and used it with both Comodo Internet Security and Emsisoft Internet Security. Although, I have a static system that changes very infrequently, and in a way, that the block without notification works for me personally...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Question: Emsisoft Antivirus (Antimalware), Hitman Pro Alert, with the inclusion of Windows Firewall Control?
Answer: Yes, Definitely!:) It's what I'd hoped to do.:rolleyes:

Why?o_O Because most every person whom has used this combination (or similar), with few exceptions, relate positive experiences particularly from their experiencing thorough protection & compatibility!:):)

I've gone so far as to devote an old poll on my configuration, at least in part, to Emsisoft as I'd made the tentative decision to install EAM (Antimalware) on our Windows 8.1 when Avast! Premier's subscription was slated to expire; and if not for (1) generous @frogboy, rather than the excellent Norton Security 2015 which now protects our 8.1, I would instead be regaling you with how I'd have followed those whom chose Online_Sword's math & hjlbx's sensibilities.;)

We'd tried Emsisoft Internet Security on our Windows 7 SP 1, although my wife (The Queen & Mother of Dragons *see them sleeping?) opted for ESET Smart Security 8 (her favorite) set & leave security suite. I'd found Emsisoft I.S. impressive as well as their customer support which was exemplary!;)

I shall reiterate what's already been spoken. Try them out yourself (which is what free trials are aimed at determining) and you'll be better equipped to decide which works best for you!:D

Last edited:

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Why not go on simplified combination setup? EIS packs with enough features which very capable for the system and the expense is easy to manage.

There's nothing wrong to add anti-exploit as your hardening protection as long it feels comfortable for you which you should not have to be obsess much. ;)

WFC is fine as long you should configure it well beyond the maintainance. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.