Emsisoft Anti Malware + HitmanPro.Alert - Is this a good combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, I have not been provided with Emsisoft's answer yet. I can ask that if their answer is vague, or not clear.

If I recall what Fabian stated, the Emsisoft anti-exploit feature does not utilize mitigations but instead by another means. It would make sense that the other means is the behavior blocker. For example, when an Office program macro attempts to access an interprter, there is a suspicious action alert. Also, the Microsoft Office program is terminated. You can see it in action by testing a weaponized Excel or Word document.

suma

Level 4
Verified
Feb 18, 2013
Hitman Pro.alert is best for me. KIS 2018, ZAM and HitmanPro provides me a good and secure environment. Hitman has kewstrock encrypted feature which help to protect while connected in Wifi.

shmu26

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 3, 2015
Yes, EAM is an anti-malware with exploit mitigation while HMPA is an anti-exploit, so both are recommended.
@Umbra, HMPA has features such as hollow process protection, dll protection, etc etc. Isn't this mitigation? And if so, isn't it a potential conflict with EAM?

D

Deleted member 178

@Umbra, HMPA has features such as hollow process protection, dll protection, etc etc. Isn't this mitigation? And if so, isn't it a potential conflict with EAM?
The exploit mitigation of EAM is via the BB, there is no other components.
Not im aware of, i used both for quite a long time never had issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.