Not open for further replies.

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
AV-Comparatives released its second 2016 scanner test results on 16 October, the cumulative result of tests run on various security products, including a false positives test.

In total, 19 products were reviewed in the scanner detection test. Emsisoft Anti-Malware was awarded the top rating of Advanced+.

The Advanced+ for Scanner test only happens twice per year and is a key indicator of anti-malware’s ability to detect malicious files. Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a top performer in detection rates with low false positives (files considered malicious that aren’t).

Emsisoft Anti-Malware rated top performer in AV-Comparatives Scanner Test

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
Thanks for the share Capt.
That's great news EmsiSoft has earned it, that's for sure.

@novocaine
As often as I have interacted with Mr Ott and some of the EmsiSoft team I would say there is no doubt about it.
Before I transitioned to a sig-less config, EmsiSoft was my choice for protection, and the staff are just as skilled and professional as the product ;)

Last edited:

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
@_CyberGhosT_ sometimes I just get confused about the result, when some AVs scored to miss higher amount of samples but their protection performs so well in Malware Hub with very very few samples can pass the protection. and vice versa, some good scored AVs often get infected

FrFc1908

Level 20
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 28, 2016
Thanks for the heads up! I have enquiered at Norton customer support How much automatic renewal would set me back for the next Year , because my subscription is about to expire they Told me it's 20 euro's more ( 1st Year 40 euro's 2nd Year almost 60!!! ) what kind of stupid buissiness ethics are these? So I grabbed the bull by it's Horns .... ordered revo uninstaller pro and got emsisoft internet security for 1 Year free with my order ;) and that for 19 euro's! Goodbye Norton....hello emsisoft!!! :D

Parsh

Level 25
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Dec 27, 2016
Before I transitioned to a sig-less config, EmsiSoft was my choice for protection, and the staff are just as skilled and professional as the product ;)
I have deeply appreciated their dedication and performance even since reading 'WHO IS EMSISOFT' on their website.

Here's an extract. Must read for ES fans:
We’re a Virtual Company
Since its foundation in 2003, Emsisoft has been entirely virtual. Our 30+ employees are located all over the world, but work together as if they were in the same building.

Like our software, this virtual structure is powerful and efficient. We have no fancy headquarters and we don’t enforce a dress code. Most of our employees work from home, and all of them love what they do.

Virtualization reduces our company’s impact on the environment and gives us access to talented experts from around the world. Emsisoft has a global presence, with employees across all time zones. Malware doesn’t sleep, and nor do we.

Things We Value
Emsisoft is convinced that treating our customers in an honest and respectful manner is the foundation of sustainable business.

Today, many software companies aim for quick cash, even if that means mistreating or fooling their customers. Emsisoft has never, and will never, play that game.

We create malware protection for people, plain and simple. If you are using our product and you have a question, we will be there to answer it - in the quickest, least complicated and most enjoyable way we can.
Says something. Doesn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.