Anupam

Level 21
Verified
Well-known
Jul 7, 2014
I vote for Emsisoft because

1. It has amazing Surf Protection.
2. Privacy wise it's the best Antivirus
3. It can block webaccess to harmful sites from any software. For example if I add my own list in Custom Host and try to ping it through CMD, Emsisoft will block that.
4. It has every hour update and auto-update for program works great ( unlike Qihoo).

Though I agree Qihoo is a great software.

P.S. - I got Emsisoft 6 month Promo. SO for 6 months it's free. If you consider the price then offcourse Qihoo is better :p. Almost same protection coming Free.

Last edited:

Van2r

Level 1
Verified
Oct 14, 2013
i cast a vote for qihoo,i think in protection emsisoft is better but when i choose one of them qihoo is it.
its free have better performance even with all engines it have lower ram usage as long as i remember also emsisoft hips sometimes annyoing in installing if you missclick trust button it start to ask you time by time every dll about to installing even for programs like visual c++ or .netframework super safe microsoft realease programs!
also i dont know why! but emsisoft firewall have problem with steam related games i am an online player of dota 2 and whenever firewall is on my ping is +500 or higher! but when i turning it off ping will lowering again to its usual and everything is fine i tried game mod firewall rules... no diffrence and im not interested to turning it on/off 10times in a day! once again i say cant find problems related to security in emsisoft but performance and being user friendly is an option that i like much more that just an outstanding detection rate or something like that and i dont think qihoo is much behind isnt it?!:confused:
scores are near selection is hard but for a gamer i think again qihoo is better!;)

Reactions: Anupam

kaskuser

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Sep 2, 2014
I vote for Emsisoft because

1. It has amazing Surf Protection.
2. Privacy wise it's the best Antivirus
3. It can block webaccess to harmful sites from any software. For example if I add my own list in Custom Host and try to ping it through CMD, Emsisoft will block that.
4. It has every hour update and auto-update for program works great ( unlike Qihoo).

Though I agree Qihoo is a great software.
why about Real world system impact ?

ifacedown

Level 18
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Qihoo is great, of course, but Emsisoft is a much more matured product. Qihoo still suffers more from bugs and false positives. Emsisoft's Behaviour Blocker is superb for 0-day threats.

Qihoo is lighter, but protection-wise, Emsi is better.

The price? You have it all with Qihoo---free.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
When it comes from maturity, Emsisoft provides superb protection at all angles, back on the days when the number of employees are not so many compared to major companies which means it can handle the product very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.