DDE_Server

Level 12
Verified

oldschool

Level 42
Verified
I have used this in the past but recently I've been unable to update signatures and get the alert: "Unable to connect to the internet etc...." My system is very slimmed down and I can't isolate any cause. I see various posts on the Emsi forum about this issue going back a couple of years.

upnorth

Level 39
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
recently I've been unable to update signatures and get the alert: "Unable to connect to the internet etc...." My system is very slimmed down and I can't isolate any cause. I see various posts on the Emsi forum about this issue going back a couple of years.
Just tested and it works flawless. Check that your system/machine actually connects to : api1.emsisoft.com

upnorth

Level 39
Verified
Trusted
Content Creator
How do I check this?
I would recommend you test with either TCPView or Process Hacker. Both is available as portable versions and yes of course one can use Windows own built-in tools but I prefer this ones as it's much faster and easier to run them and I don't need to type any commands.
Start for example TCPView and also EEK and click the " Update " button and watch the Process and Remote address. The remote address should say : api1.emsisoft.com