Advice Request Emsisoft Internet Security 11.0.0.6131 incompatible with HitmanPro

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Is anyone else having problems with these two programs installed on the same PC? Emsisoft Internet Security 11.0.0.6131 incompatible with HitmanPro. I tried to start HitmanPro and the system froze, unresponsive to everything. Waited 20 minutes trying and eventually had to hard shutdown. I haven't tred it with HitmanPro.Alert.

Will retry in VM

Last edited:
Reactions: Logethica

maximus

Level 6
Verified
Well-known
Dec 18, 2014
I use the EIS and Hitman Pro (my Win7 32 bit system).
I do not have such problems as you.
I only have a problem with the encryption option keystrokes Hitman Pro Alert, which for me does not work, but I do not know if this is related to those programs.

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Hello @soccer97,
I've installed Emsisoft Internet Security .6131 on my Virtual Machine (updated, restart VM), then installed and started HitmanPro... No issues, tried multiple times, everything works as it should...HitmanPro starts, scans and will remove malware as it should.

Have you tried to uninstall HitmanPro, then install it again? Also you could try and use the portable version to see if the issue persists? Anything in the Emsisoft logs about HitmanPro?

Did the issue start with the .6131 build or it was previous to this version?

emsisoft.jpg

@Fabian Wosar @Emsisoft

_CyberGhosT_

Level 53
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 2, 2015
The only issue to date that I have noticed is that EIS and MBARW will cause freezing and slow shutdown and startup times even with all of EIS's files added to exception in MBARW (Malwarebytes Anti-Ransomeware) they do not play nice together, yet.

H

hjlbx

@soccer97 - Now I assume you already know there was an issue between EIS and HMP.A over the past few weeks - since you participate here at MT, Wilders and Emsisoft support forum. The issue was reported all over the place.

SurfRight made a quick hotfix, but Emsisoft has to make the primary fix. The Emsi fix was pushed about 2 or so weeks ago.

Anyhow, you already know the best option is to post on the Emsisoft support forum - and Fabian, GT500 or someone else will surely address any issues you might be experiencing.

Did you already try enabling beta updates ?

If not, try it and reboot system - and see how that goes.

Reactions: Jack

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
@soccer97 - Now I assume you already know there was an issue between EIS and HMP.A over the past few weeks - since you participate here at MT, Wilders and Emsisoft support forum. The issue was reported all over the place.

SurfRight made a quick hotfix, but Emsisoft has to make the primary fix. The Emsi fix was pushed about 2 or so weeks ago.

Anyhow, you already know the best option is to post on the Emsisoft support forum - and Fabian, GT500 or someone else will surely address any issues you might be experiencing.

Did you already try enabling beta updates ?

If not, try it and reboot system - and see how that goes.

Oh, I meant the primary HitmanPro scanner. I'll let them know over there.

I use their products, but am not a member of Emsi forums that I know of, and didn't know about the recent patch by Surfright. I'll edit post Sorry for any inconvenience. Have not enabled Beta updates.

Last edited:

soccer97

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
May 22, 2014
Hello @soccer97,
I've installed Emsisoft Internet Security .6131 on my Virtual Machine (updated, restart VM), then installed and started HitmanPro... No issues, tried multiple times, everything works as it should...HitmanPro starts, scans and will remove malware as it should.

Have you tried to uninstall HitmanPro, then install it again? Also you could try and use the portable version to see if the issue persists? Anything in the Emsisoft logs about HitmanPro?

Did the issue start with the .6131 build or it was previous to this version?

View attachment 85078

@Fabian Wosar @Emsisoft

Looking at when I re-downloaded HitmanPro, the datestamp was 2/3/16. There have been maybe 2 updates (Emsi) that required a reboot. One may have since fixed the problem. Will try it in a VM within a few days. I hope I haven't stir up any contention. Both are very good products.

H

hjlbx

well, I have a problem with EAM, and they said that:
Problem: ntdll.dll - Emsisoft Anti-Malware

GT500 said you were running an older version of EAM that is not compatible with COMODO; he stated that you needed to update to the most recent version of EAM.

Even if you did upgrade EAM to the newest version, then there is always the possibility that an EAM-COMODO combo still would not work.

Knowing how Emsisoft as a company works, if they do decide to fix the problem(s) between EAM and COMODO, then it probably won't be a priority item. Over the past 6 months or so, Emsisoft's official position on EAM combos with other security softs has changed a little bit - they have become a little less concerned about universal compatibility between EAM and other security softs. Afterall, it is Emsisoft's stated position that EAM alone is sufficient protection for most average users.

I agree with that last point.

EAM as a software has changed dramatically over the past two to three years. When the guides to create the EAM-COMODO combo were created, EAM was a different soft. The changes can make it incompatible with softs that, in the past, there was no problem whatsoever.

That is just how it goes with security softs...

NOTE: An ntd.dll problem is very likely caused by Windows - and not EAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.