Battle Emsisoft Internet Security 11 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2016

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I have used both programs in the past few months.
Last month i had KIS installed and 3-4 months ago i had Emsisoft.

As @omidomi already said Behaviour Blocker, detection and zero day protection both products perform the same.
But to have better protection from KIS you need to tweak it while Emsisoft does that at default settings.

One other thing i noticed is that KIS over time makes my system a bit slower in browsing.
With Emsisoft installed i didn't noticed that.

As for easy of use i prefer Emsisoft, it's easier to tweak it.

In my opinion Emsisoft is the winner mostly for it's system performance.
As far protection goes i believe both products perform the same.

p.s: you can try Emsisoft for a few days and then you can decide which product performs better in your own system;)

spaceoctopus

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jul 13, 2014
Emsisoft for me. Very light,fast, hight detection rates, excellent behaviour blocker. Kaspersky has also excellent detection rates, but it is heavy on resources and can be very buggy sometimes.
Emsisoft is:
Bitdefender engine+Emsisoft engine+Excellent behaviour blocker+Low tolerance towards PUPs+Low performance impact= Cleaner and more responsive Pc;)

D

Deleted member 2913

KIS good for average users at defaults. Do remember to select the option to detect PUP in additional threats. It was light here.

Emsisoft good for intermediate & experts. System boot & on reaching desktop it takes little time for the system to settle down with EIS here.

Both provide good protection so protection wise you could go with any one.

I would say give a try to both on your system & see which you find better on your system.

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Kaspersky just use 40-70 mg Ram,Idk why you said kaspersky is heavy?
Emsisoft use over 100 mg...
Emsisoft for me. Very light,fast, hight detection rates, excellent behaviour blocker. Kaspersky has also excellent detection rates, but it is heavy on resources and can be very buggy sometimes.
Emsisoft is:
Bitdefender engine+Emsisoft engine+Excellent behaviour blocker+Low tolerance towards PUPs+Low performance impact= Cleaner and more responsive Pc;)
Emsisoft slow my boot time (I use EIS) but kaspersky no :)
Emsisoft runs (way) better, they both have solid signatures, but I feel like Emsisoft has a better behavior blocker. I vote EMSISOFT.
Kaspersky based on solid signature? Are you sure? :D:rolleyes:

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
One man's meat is another man's poison. Being best detection and stuffs really boils down on their own system. Both works fine on my system. Both have a great BB.

I strictly go for Emsisoft not because of performance but because of ease of use (kaspersky has way too much features that I do not use) and cost (KIS $59.95 vs EIS $49.95 at retail price).

N

Noxx

Kaspersky just use 40-70 mg Ram,Idk why you said kaspersky is heavy?
Emsisoft use over 100 mg...

Emsisoft slow my boot time (I use EIS) but kaspersky no :)

Kaspersky based on solid signature? Are you sure? :D:rolleyes:

Kaspersky has done well in the Malware Hub as of late. It doesn't matter if it did (so and so) ex years ago. What matters is what it does with newer malware tech. As far as Emsisoft slowing your boot time, it just comes down to what hardware you're running, what other software you're running, and many other factors. Far too many people blame the AV, and never consider other factors (which is unfortunate).

Edit: Kaspersky, in my view, IS heavier, because it has a lot of extra stuff that comes with it. It's almost like they're trying to make a total computer suite (not even just security), creating more dependence on Kaspersky, and less dependence on programs that are best left in their natural state. EMSISOFT goes from fast to moderate, fast to moderate every few updates. Not sure why they can't sort that out.

Last edited by a moderator:

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
Kaspersky has done well in the Malware Hub as of late. It doesn't matter if it did (so and so) ex years ago. What matters is what it does with newer malware tech. As far as Emsisoft slowing your boot time, it just comes down to what hardware you're running, what other software you're running, and many other factors. Far too many people blame the AV, and never consider other factors (which is unfortunate).

Edit: Kaspersky, in my view, IS heavier, because it has a lot of extra stuff that comes with it. It's almost like they're trying to make a total computer suite (not even just security), creating more dependence on Kaspersky, and less dependence on programs that are best left in their natural state. EMSISOFT goes from fast to moderate, fast to moderate every few updates. Not sure why they can't sort that out.
same system same software...
Emsisoft slowest my boot time to 3min at restart..idk why?! :(
btw: I see many people have the same idea but for me KIS is lighter :D

Captain Awesome

Level 23
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 7, 2016
Behavior Blocker->KIS has its best Aplication Control but you have to config it to get best out of it/EIS has automatic BB
zero day protection->Emsisoft BB show good but in this point KIS has won my vote and turst with UDS:D
detection rates(both)-> Emsisoft Use BD Engine and BD engine have many Fps/KIS use their single engine with less/0 FP.
Kaspersky Internet Security also has System Watcher.EIS don't have it.
Winner:Kaspersky IS 2016.

JB007

Level 26
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 19, 2016
Hi
I have used Kaspersky but actually Kaspersky have many features of protection which don't run on Windows 10 and/or on 64 bits systems.
I'm trying Emsisoft Internet Security and it's more easy to use and it runs on all types of systems.
I vote Emsisoft.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.