Battle Emsisoft Internet Security or Emsisoft Anti-Malware with Binisoft WFC or Comodo Firewall

Aktiffiso

Level 8
Thread author
Verified
Aug 24, 2013
I remember a joke about Linux Ubuntu systems "When i install Ubuntu i feel sad, i can not wash my car, canot wash my dog, can not do much things, i dont ha ve to run antivirus" ... When i install Emsisoft...

Reactions: askmark

TheErzengel

Level 2
Verified
Dec 21, 2012
Zemana antimalware is no longer necessary, zemana antilogger now has built-in antimalware in a single product.

Adguard is an advertising blocker with some extra features. Neither product will interfere with emsisoft.

I currently have 5 licenses for life of adguard in the offer of this forum, I have used it with emsisoft + zemana antilogger for 1 year and no problem.

n3520 quad core 2.16 GHz xd

If Pentium chip is one of the really old ones, like from 10 years ago, then just about any security soft is a problem for it.

In that case, you might have to opt for a security soft that performs well on weak CPU.

AppGuard and SpyShelter are ones that work without making the system crawl. I use both on a Pentium III test system that is about 6 or 7 years old without any slowdown. The system is slower than cold molasses to begin with.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Logic: Why you need an external component when a suite contains everything?

Emsisoft IS contains File Guard + Web Guard + Firewall without any unnecessary components; just protection capabilities only. The price of license key is not so expensive compare to other counterparts.

The firewall module of Emsisoft is not complicated to setup, honestly it can run by own at default state.

-------------------

On the other hand, WFC Binisoft acts to enhance Windows Firewall capabilities so the impact of complexity is not wider compare to Comodo Firewall.

But it's your choice, remember that do not make any situation complicated.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
Emsisoft. Great overall suite. Currently using Anti-Malware with SpyShelterFW, but EIS, is a great product. I tested it out and it has very tight rules and shuts down all ports. If your on a trusted/safe network this isn't as important, but is crucial with public/wifi networks.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.