MalwareTips.com : Emsisoft Mamutu Giveaway
First of all, we would like to thank Emsisoft for giving us the opportunity to give away 100 one year licenses for Emsisoft Mamutu.
Mamutu - Protects against completely new pests in seconds!
Emsisoft Mamutu - Behavior Based Malware Blocking
The Mamutu Background Guard is clever. It recognizes and blocks all potentially dangerous programs before they can cause any damage. The new Malware Intrusion Detection System (Malware-IDS) is unique worldwide and immediately warns you when a program attempts to perform a potentially dangerous or suspicious operation.
The advantages to you:
- New behavior-based protection technology
Mamutu permanently monitors all active programs on your PC. As soon as suspicious behavior of a process is detected you receive a warning message and can react accordingly. Block Malware before it can cause any damage, by using the unique Emsisoft behavior analysis technology that has been tried and tested for years.
- Lower resource consumption
Mamutu has been conceived to require the smallest possible amount of your computer power. This makes it ideal for users who require high computing performance, e.g. graphics or video applications and especially games.
- Quarantine in case of emergency
Always place a suspicious program in quarantine before finally deleting it. Suspicious behavior can also be exhibited by usually benign applications. Mamutu helps you to decide what do do with a suspicious program.
- Stay protected - it is easier than you think
Regardless of whether you are a computer expert or a beginner, you will quickly come to grips with Mamutu. You do not have to be a specialist to free yourself from Malware.
The perfect security enhancement
Mamutu recognizes and reports the following types of behavior:
- Backdoor related behavior
- Spyware related behavior
- HiJacker related behavior
- Worm related behavior
- Dialer related behavior
- Keylogger related behavior
- Trojan Downloader related behavior
- Injection of code into other programs
- Manipulation of programs (patching)
- Invisible installations of software
- Invisible Rootkit processes
- Installation of services and drivers
- Creation of Autostart entries
- Manipulation of the Hosts file
- Changes of the browser settings
- Installation of debuggers on the system
- Simulated mouse and keyboard activity
- Direct disk sector access on harddisk
- Changes of the system group policies [NEW!]
Full control over internal system activities
You can now decide for yourself what programs are allowed to start on your PC and what actions may be performed. Detailed application rules are now available, allowing you to individually specify the permitted behavior of every application:
- Monitor application, but allow specific activities
Select this option to always allow particular specific behavior of a program. In certain situations a benign program can contain a function that is very similar to a damaging function and is thus reported. If you are sure that this action is actually not dangerous then you can allow it. All other types of dangerous behavior are still reported.
- Always block this application
Select this option to permanently block a particular program. You can also use this feature to provide child protection by preventing other PC users from starting a particular application.
- Exclude from protection
Select this option to completely exclude an application from the monitoring process. Use this when you always trust an application and are sure that it does not execute any damaging actions.
Bonus feature: Application protection
You can use the application rules to protect specific programs from third-party manipulation. For example, this feature is used to prevent Mamutu from being terminated by Malware in order to disable the protection. You can also make use of this feature. You can protect your Browser and other important programs from being illegally terminated.
New in version 1.5: Community based alert reduction
With the community feature Mamutu makes use of the "Intelligence of the masses" and provides a recommendation based on the decisions of other users when an alert is raised: A clearly understandable graphic illustrates the percentage of users that have performed each possible action (see illustration). This allows you to quickly decide whether to allow the behavior of the alerted program (other behavior types will be alerted), exclude it from monitoring (completely trusted), block it (shut down process) or place it in quarantine (shut down process and put exe file into quarantine so it can't be started anymore).
You can also define a particular percentage value at which the application is automatically permitted. For example: If (e.g.) 90% of the users have classified a background updater as not damaging, then the application is automatically permitted to run. This ensures a smooth workflow without annoying popups and you no longer need to make sometimes difficult decisions about unknown processes. The transfer of your own decisions to the Emsi Software Anti-Malware Network is of course voluntary and can be deactivated at any time.
Retail price : €20/1 PC - 1 Year
The giveaway starts on Dec 18, 2011 and ends on Jan 28, 2012
To participate in our Emsisoft Mamutu Giveaway :
- You have to be a registered member on our forum.
- Share the giveaway news on Facebook or Twitter, so that others may enjoy it.
Share on Twitter
- Make sure you follow @malwaretipscom on Twitter;
- Make sure you follow Emsisoft Software on Twitter;
- Tweet this :
Join the Emsisoft Mamutu Giveaway at MalwareTips.com > http://malwaretips.com/Thread-Giveaway-Emsisoft-Mamutu-Giveaway
- Post the link in this thread.
Share on Facebook
- OPTIONAL Answer the below question in your post :
Question : What crazy thing would you do for a Emsisoft Mamutu license key?
Answer Example : I would jump from a bridge
On the last day of the Giveaway the winners will be chosen randomly inside our Chat Room. The time will be announced (probably 6 PM GMT) and any member can assist if he/she wants too.[/list]
- You are allowed to participate with one post and one account/IP.Having multiple accounts on our forum is against our rules and will disqualify you;
- One post per user,posting multiple times inside the thread is not allowed.
- For this sweepstakes we have 100 licenses/1 year for Emsisoft Mamutu.
- You can download a free 30 days free trial for Emsisoft Mamutu at any time from here.
- In the event that on 18 Jan 2011 we won't have 100 participantes in this giveaway, we will automatically give to all the members who have posted in this thread a license key for Emsisoft Mamutu.