Not open for further replies.

NathanF1

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Emsisoft Newsletter said:
Emsisoft Anti-Malware is AV software of the year 2013

American Cyber Defense Magazine subjected Emsisoft Anti-Malware to a number of intensive tests and proclaimed it 2013's best anti-virus solution. As well as its sophisticated and efficient technology, the editors praised the personal support offered by Emsisoft in 10 different languages.

The Editor’s Choice Anti-virus Solution Award 2013 was awarded to Emsisoft for its barely challengeable detection of even unknown malware, innovative and cutting-edge technology as well its sophisticated graphical interface.

Cyber Defense Magazine said:
Summary
By living up to their promise of blocking all malware, both known and unknown, combining two best-of-breed multiple anti-malware scanner engines with the constantly updated Online Armor firewall, with a complex graphical user interface (GUI), exposing lots of features and functions, they receive our Editor’s Choice Anti-virus Solution Award for 2013.

Cyber Defense Magazine Article Link

D

Deleted member 178

i never heard of this magazine but they resumed quite well Emsisoft and it fits with my own observations.

I

illumination

That may be because, on the main "homepage" if you scroll down, you will notice someone familiar to you in the section titled "Some of our World Class Writers and Speakers" ;)

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a very good product..... It has a very good heuristic engine and one of the best (If not the greatest) behavior blocker on the market.Still waiting for the Online Armor integration and then we will have a really top-notch security product!
I never really trusted this "Editor’s Choice Award" labels but nevertheless congratulations to Emisosft.

NathanF1

Level 2
Thread author
Verified
Jul 9, 2011
Sure, it could be, however Emsisoft have never so far played the political game, or tried to score points based on alliances. All these years they have focused on their own capabilities, strategic partnerships and acquisitions, being as independent as one could be in a global AV industry. Nor has it been a case of trying to get undeserved publicity or visibility, since they're still fairly obscure when it comes to participation in established tests. In a way, they are one of the most "introvert" or reclusive AV companies.

Of course, all this could change with Emsisoft becoming more mainstream, and not just a favorite of aficionados. The magazine looks professional enough, though. As for their independent test lab... we'll have to wait and see what and how gets tested next.

P.S. As for being an excellent anti-malware software, I keep thinking about the MRG Banking tests - Emsisoft was the only vendor that scored 100% success alongside avast, DefenseWall and Kaspersky, and all these are relying on sandboxing and virtualization. This to me is a valid pointer to the excellent protection against 0-day threads and inherent capabilities of their engine(s).

raxa707

Level 1
Verified
Nov 4, 2012
i know that emsisoft is top notch on protection but can someone tell me how good it is at repairing????

D

Deleted member 178

raxa707 said:
i know that emsisoft is top notch on protection but can someone tell me how good it is at repairing????

EAM does not repair, it quarantines or deletes, for me there is no such things as "repairing" since i will not trust any "repaired" files, i rather delete it (but this is just my opinion).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.