Hard_Configurator set to Recommended Settings
FirewallHardening with Recommended rules
ConfigureDefender set to High
Malware testing
No malware samples
Periodic security scanners
Emisoft Emergency Kit
Secure DNS
Provided by ISP Sky Shield though occasionally Cloudflare over http.
VPN
Sophos VPN for working from home connection only
Password manager
Keepass
Browsers, Search and Addons
Edge with uBlock Origin with tweaked Hard Mode.
Search varies but usually Bing or DuckDuckGo or if I'm really struggling Google if I can't pintpoint what I'm looking for.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Windows built-in Disk Clean-up and Storage Sense.
Personal Files & Photos backup
OneDrive for documents, 2nd partition for large deposit of photos to save OneDrive space.
Personal backup routine
Automatic (scheduled)
Device recovery & backup
Macrum Reflect Free Full Monthly and Differential Weekly backups
Device backup routine
Automatic (scheduled)
PC activity
  1. Working from home. 
  2. Browsing the web. 
  3. Browsing to unknown sites. 
  4. Emails. 
  5. Shopping. 
  6. PC and cloud gaming. 
  7. Streaming. 
Computer specs
Personal changelog
22.01.2022 - Reverted to Comodo Internet Security setup with Firefox as default browser and Thunberbird email client.
15.05.2022 - Reverted to Hard_Configurator setup following errors after uninstall and PC reset with Edge as default browser for MD integration while also sticking to Thunderbird for email & Updated backup routine.
Feedback Response

General feedback

Trooper

Level 14
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
My suggestion is that you should be taking more frequent backups with MR. I always do before changing security suites etc. That way if something goes wrong or you simply do not like, it, restore back and done. Back up and running in minutes vs. hours.

System restore can't be relied upon full stop. Sometimes it will do the trick yes, but for the most part, backups are what is key here. Sorry you have to re-install everything now.

ErzCrz

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Reverted back to H_C FWH CD setup. Disk image monthly planned but investigating space require as C drive is 500gb and D is 500gb though C only needs backing up.

There has been a Comodo update but again just focused on Pro at at this moment I could do with just a simpler strong protection that won't cause system errors though it could have just been a failed update.

Windows does have built-in disc imaging so I'll try both out and see what works best but jeez, 5 hours + I won't get back. That'll teach me.

Trooper

Level 14
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Reverted back to H_C FWH CD setup. Disk image monthly planned but investigating space require as C drive is 500gb and D is 500gb though C only needs backing up.

There has been a Comodo update but again just focused on Pro at at this moment I could do with just a simpler strong protection that won't cause system errors though it could have just been a failed update.

Windows does have built-in disc imaging so I'll try both out and see what works best but jeez, 5 hours + I won't get back. That'll teach me.

Backups backups, backups. Even if you are using the free version of MR, it is better than nothing. Even if you get yourself an external USB drive and back up to that, it would suit your needs.

Reactions: harlan4096

ErzCrz

Level 11
Thread author
Verified
Top poster
Well-known
Aug 19, 2019
Backup only used 50gig and only took 40 minutes for full backup. Scheduled full backup Monthly and then Differential backup weekly. We'll see about retention based on space on external drive. :D