ESET 100 Days Giveaway - Most like a Scam!

Shadowave

Level 10
Thread author
Verified
Aug 10, 2012
From Jack: We have seen a few threads with a so called 100 Days Giveaway for ESET products. While we cannot be 100% this is a scam. We recommend that you avoid going to esetnod32download. com.au.

Original first post by terene:
All-in-one Internet security allows you to confidently explore online. The new Social Media Scanner extends protection to your Facebook and Twitter accounts. Personal Firewall and Anti-Phishing keep your data safe from identity theft and network attacks, while Parental Control and included Cybersecurity Training help make your family's online experience even safer.

pvot.png

Giveaway page (link)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 24, 2011
Guys, no offence but this looks really suspicious. I have removed a similar thread as I find the link to be suspicious....
The trial period is also suspicious....100 days..... Even the link of the site looks like it's made for spam esetnod32download. com.au
1.jpg

2.jpg

I would avoid this promo....

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I was looking into this which was posted somewhere else.The giveaway page alone raises red flags,just the mere fact that the header is totally different and Beta 7 at the bottom is a dead giveaway.The URL is just plain suspicious,if there is one thing I know well it's ESET Promos,and I am sure some can verify that.Clicking "buy now" opens a page with pricing for various ESET Products.Whatever this site really is,although I have a pretty good idea,they are surely not an affiliate partner with ESET.I tried to obtain a key so I could check the validity against ESET's servers but the key never came.Both legit and temp. emails that work in obtaining a key.If you received a key I doubt very much it will last to it's expiration.I am afraid to say based on the first part of the URL that these keys, if they do in fact arrive in your inbox,are probably obtained illegitimately.Which can be done in certain regions,which I will not post,but eventually are blacklisted anyway.

Eset very rarely,if ever,offers 100 day trials anymore and almost never offers 1 year mobile security.The only 1 year keys I have seen in the past have been hardware specific keys,Intel,ect.

I would not advise anyone to attempt to obtain a key from this site with their legit email,in fact I wouldn't even try.

*Here is a normal URL for ESET in Australia http://www.eset.com/au/

*Here is the Promo URL hxxp://esetnod32download.com.au/

*Pay attention to the screenshot below from the OP promo URL.Eset is not in beta 7 version anymore.Not one of those links open when clicked

qhVFjp0.png

*Notice the header below from the OP promo page.Highlighted area has nothing and no ESET page contains "Free Download" in the Navbar

XuABeQN.png

*Screenshot below is the legit ESET website.

mGCeXl0.png

*I have never seen a page like this ever on any promo

egMGtbQ.png

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I would rather give some 90 day keys to members (who have more than 10 posts) than see someone get scammed or worse from a suspicious site.

ngvmx

Sep 19, 2013
1- They sent you http://www.pro1.com.au/shop/ if you want to buy product, also whois registrant is PRO1 SECURITY SOLUTIONS PTY LTD

Pro 1 is eset partner; http://www.eset.com/au/contacts/contact-partners/

2-They sent mail like that;
Thank you for choosing us and joining the 135+ million happy ESET users worldwide.

This ESET licence is free, valid and fully functioning.
After the installation is complete the product activation window will open automatically. Please select "Activate Application Using Your Activation Key" and input the following key:
KEY

Please click here to download your selected ESET product.

and download link is valid; http://www.eset.com/au/download/home/detail/family/25/
it is not malformed, also you can download Eset.com directly without this link

3- Key accepted by Eset and working fine.

So what is suspicious?

NgXAlex

Oct 15, 2013
Hi guys, I confirm there are no probs with this giveway, the last night I redeemed some keys lol

But today, maybe they seen that and now they check every request because they now stopped to send immediately the key by mail.

Today the message is: We will send you the Eset trial serial number shortly, but the last night the message was like: Thanks you, we sent you a full key on xxxx@xxx.xx.

This is the mail I received after my request on the AU giveway page:

9rzr.jpg

The download link in the ESET NOD 32 Key mail is : http://download.eset.com/special/live-installer/eset_nod32_antivirus_live_installer.exe

The download link in the ESET SMART SECURITY Key mail is : http://download.eset.com/special/live-installer/eset_smart_security_live_installer.exe

Personally I used directly the key on my already installed NOD 32, so no probs.

And the mail after I activated the key:

rkqt.jpg

Also I used the key on my already installed NOD 32 6.

82z2.jpg

So don't worry, all is ok for me.

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack
I

illumination

Very little info on this site via whois. Website appears to be recently established, i would not trust this either.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Congrats on the key I hope it lasts,but look at the screenshots I posted the giveaway page is full of red flags.If I could obtain a key I would verify its legitimacy.

I see that Pro1 is a reseller but look at the promo link hxxp://esetnod32download.com.au/

Last edited:

NgXAlex

Oct 15, 2013
I can send one of some keys I received to the staff if they want test.

Valid on any version of NOD 32 antivirus.

;)

BoraMurdar

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Aug 30, 2012
I

illumination

As i and others stated above, not sure i would trust it.. Establishing any decent amunt of information on the site itself, is futile.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I can send one of some keys I received to the staff if they want test.

Valid on any version of NOD 32 antivirus.

;)

To show you how easy it is to scam a key,here is one just obtained

XZvBkVa.png

I cant verify is it real pro1 facebook account or not but they share giveaway

https://www.facebook.com/pro1.com.au?ref=stream

esetnod32download.com.au doesnt look good but it is probably temporary advertisement page for Pro 1

I have not received a key from this,either 1 year mobile or 100 day EAV or ESS here is what I can tell you:

Years ago there was a 100 day ESS promo which gave out a special activation code to obtain the username & password.An ESS key activates EAV also.If you stockpiled them you can still activate these today as you can with some of the Chinese from well over 6 years ago.

The point some of us are trying to make here is that when something appears suspicious it is in the general idea of this site,which is security,to warn members of a possible scam,malicious program or software or suspicious web site.If you choose to visit or install anything that is up to you.
If you obtained a key that is great,will it last until the expiration date ? I dont know.
If it was generated with a legit activation code or other means it very well might.If it was obtained as in my example above in the screenshot,it will activate the software but after a few updates it will be blacklisted.
Think of all the legit promos that we have seen ,some of these keys get blacklisted.I am not trying to say that you didn't get a key or it's not legit.I am saying be forewarned that the promo webpage is suspicious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Venustus

ngvmx

Sep 19, 2013
understand.

i received 9 keys yesterday, i tried again today and i cant get key again with another mail. today, it doesnt work for me, like you.

i check my mail with directly eset.com (http://www.eset.com/us/support/lost-license/) then they sent my promotion keys and account info.

so i think this is legit because directly eset sent me licence codes.

in this case, worst scenario is; key can blocked before expiration date if it is not legal giveaway.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Im not saying the keys aren't legit or wont activate the product.As you can see by my example above I could generate a ton of keys and put up a site and hand them out.Whether to increase traffic to a site,get someone to purchase a product and get the affiliate partner commission(which is around 35% per sale) or for whatever other reason someone might have.
These keys are robot generated if they are not blacklisted the license details will be sent to your email,not necessarily meaning they will last.
I have very rarely even seen a promo for ESET CyberSecurity for MAC let alone a 100 day promo for ESET CyberSecurity Pro for MAC

ngvmx

Sep 19, 2013
i write to Pro 1 support about promo site; is this site yours?

they replied me now (within 1-2 hours) and here is their answer;

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Pro1 Security Solutions, ESET’s Elite Partner.
Yes this a Festive Season Promotion we are offering.

Kind regards,

Support | Pro1 Security Solutions

PO Box 585, Mosman, NSW, 2088, Australia T +61 2 9033 8685 | F +61 2 4744 2432 | www.pro1.com.au

And we know Pro 1 is validated eset partner so it is enought for me. (http://www.eset.com/au/contacts/contact-partners/)

Also, i dont think it is possible:

These keys are robot generated if they are not blacklisted the license details will be sent to your email,not necessarily meaning they will last.

you can create tons of keys off course. Actually there are, we know. but you cant add my mail and keys to eset.com customer database without be valid partner. Or without hack to eset :)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
it is possible,they are robot generated and has nothing to do with a hacked version of ESET.I am just passing along information,if you feel comfortable that is fine.
I am speaking with some contacts and they believe someone has some keys on hand.I get nothing in an email so I cant tell, if you want to send me one to test for a few days I would be glad to.I can test it without activating the software, all I need is the Username & Password.When I am done I will discard it on my end.
Like I said before I am not doubting the validity of the key but there are many ways to appear to be something you are not online if you know what you are doing.
I will email my contact at ESET shortly and see what he has to say and then we can put this to rest.I hope it is legit but I am skeptical until I get concrete confirmation other than computer generated emails,ect.
I will report back with an answer from ESET in a personal email message as soon as I get a reply

Last edited:

ngvmx

Sep 19, 2013
it is possible,they are robot generated and has nothing to do with a hacked version of ESET.I am just passing along information,if you feel comfortable that is fine.

i think you didnt understand. i wrote my email to http://www.eset.com/us/support/lost-license/, so eset.com send me my codes. How can be possible without valid situation.

i know there are trial/user generator on dark side, it is not secret. Also people share some codes, i keep myself far from them. but they give username&password. they cant give you real account for your name over eset. and you cant get that codes to your mail address from eset.com

if it is possible, eset has really untrustable licencing system for me. Any reseller/partner/hacker can deceive user.

I am speaking with some contacts and they believe someone has some keys on hand.I get nothing in an email so I cant tell, if you want to send me one to test for a few days I would be glad to.I can test it without activating the software, all I need is the Username & Password.When I am done I will discard it on my end

I will email my contact at ESET shortly and see what he has to say and then we can put this to rest.I hope it is legit but I am skeptical until I get concrete confirmation other than computer generated emails,ect.

Pro 1 accept promotion site is their. (You can contact them also, their answer was fast) And it is eset's validated reseller. So Eset can ask them directly, no need to promotion username&password.

And i cant give username&password, i have no authorization for that, i think. But if you say how can i check validation status using another way i will do.

if that promo is not valid so Pro1 is untrustable and Eset is questionable because they are partner.

Anyway, it is clear for me. Offcourse it can be different mind to mind. i dont reject your words, it may be true. But if it is true it is between eset and pro 1.

Generally when i buy software, (over the internet not boxed) they dont sent any formal document to me. Just codes. So actually i never sure it is really formal (for goverment) or not. Do they give tax?, i dont know. They never sent me invoice. This doesnt look like to buy some stuff from ikea.

Update;
Btw, they dont give you username&password. they give licence codes. when you enter into software, software activated. then username&password coming from eset.com to your email address. You can use them later.

Last edited:

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.