ESET - Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul.R

Level 17
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2013
That reads quite similar to what EP_X0FF has written on kernelmode.info, but you've left Microsoft and Symantec out of the equation, he mentioned those as well.

:D
Geniuses think alike :). I don;t use those products....so I can't pronunce about them. But I use Avast now and used Dr.web,Kaspersky, ESET.
These are: Fantastic 4 team of security software. (my opinion)

Reactions: nissimezra

Tony Cole

Level 27
Thread author
Verified
May 11, 2014
Yes, ESET is okay, going through the different articles, trying to max security - hoping not to break anything, apart from the internet connection! Thank you all for your advice/info, and congrats James on becoming a Staff Member, well deserved!

nissimezra

Level 25
Verified
Apr 3, 2014
simple answer
as long as you have qihoo for FREE I wouldn't bother buying one at all.
of course eset and other names has much much better reputation and more trustable but when it comes to the real world qihoo is doing the same and even better in many tests.

another thing to consider if you trust the independent tests why to pay if you have free panda that is doing better.

Malware Man

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Feb 2, 2013
:D
Geniuses think alike :). I don;t use those products....so I can't pronunce about them. But I use Avast now and used Dr.web,Kaspersky, ESET.
These are: Fantastic 4 team of security software. (my opinion)

I use Avast as my realtime AV and have ESET, Kaspersky and Dr. Web on my USB full of malware cleaning tools such as rescue Cds, WinPE, and a few others. Between those 3 alone they should clean up a good amount of malware to get into Windows and run other scanners such as Malwarebytes :) Dr. Web's and Kaspersky's disinfection abilities and just amazing combined with ESET's excellent signatures, you cannot go wrong using them as scanners or as a realtime AV :)

Reactions: Paul.R

CMLew

Level 23
Verified
Well-known
Oct 30, 2015
Would ESS have similar way to configure just like CIS since both also have HIPS?
Planning to get 1U1Y later this week and give it a try, since there is an IT fair coming ard in my country.

D

Deleted member 178

Would ESS have similar way to configure just like CIS since both also have HIPS?
Planning to get 1U1Y later this week and give it a try, since there is an IT fair coming ard in my country.

ESET is way far less configurable, and its HIPS very young

nsm0220

Level 21
Verified
Sep 9, 2013
ESET is way far less configurable, and its HIPS very young
At this point it should be working, but not a rule has been added to it for a few years, while other HIPS got tons and tons rules by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.