Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
For the Beta testers(especially Windows 10) :

Known Issues

• Upgrade from previous versions is not supported - clean installation is required
• Reset settings to default doesn’t work

• Windows 10: only build 10074 is supported
• Windows 10: firewall is blocking network connections / firewall driver fails after reinstall of the application / OS upgrade
• Installation of the beta product over different type of ESET product is not supported
• Firewall troubleshooting wizard counter always shows zero
• Help texts are outdated
• Banking & Payment protection frame is not always correctly displayed
• Importing certificates for SSL scanning to Firefox fails in some cases
• Only the latest versions of browsers are supported for SSL scanning.

The system should meet the following hardware and software requirements:
Processors Supported: Intel® or AMD x86-x64.
Operating Systems: Microsoft® Windows® 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista.

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Excuse the ignorance of my question ...
ESET 9 is called ESET Smart Security ESET changed the name to ESET Internet Security or that name is only in beta? :)

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
I think this is only a name to distinguish it as BETA from Smart Security( rest the feature list is similar with some new additions). Maybe the name will be changed with the final release of v10.. my guess.

Reactions: Laoel and Jrs30

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
I think this is only a name to distinguish it as BETA from Smart Security( rest the feature list is similar with some new additions). Maybe the name will be changed with the final release of v10.. my guess.
Got it! I hope to change the name, I think it would be better, I prefer cinseramente ESET Internet Security, as most antivirus :D
I went down, just have the English language ... I will create another virtual machine to do some tests!

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
Installed it on a production machine. Everything ok for now, except that acessing this page opened a warning about "chrome is trying to use your webcam" lol...

Reactions: Jack and CySecy825
A

Alkajak

Spoiler alert: It looks the same. Static removal window seems to look slightly simplified. That's about it.

I hope they address the issues they've been having with HTTPS and general system hanging.

Reactions: tonibalas and Jack

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
general system hanging on v9? what are you talking about?

I'm using the v9 since it's release...

A

Alkajak

general system hanging on v9? what are you talking about?

I'm using the v9 since it's release...

I'm confused by what you are trying to say. Are you implying that because an issue hasn't happened for you, it isn't an existing issue?

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
@Rishi I was curious about the name ESET Internet Security, so I sent an email asking about the name change, sent my question to the responsible department!
To get the fastest response I asked on facebook ESET about changing the name or whether to stay with the ESET security Ineternet name only in beta ...

I replied!
Hello Jr. In fact we have the Internet Security and also ESET Smart securiy Premium. Wait for the release of the beta will be next month.Att,

then I believe the version that will have the name ESET Smart securiy Premium will have new features :D

ESET.png

Rishi

Level 19
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 3, 2015
@Rishi I was curious about the name ESET Internet Security, so I sent an email asking about the name change, sent my question to the responsible department!
To get the fastest response I asked on facebook ESET about changing the name or whether to stay with the ESET security Ineternet name only in beta ...

I replied!
Hello Jr. In fact we have the Internet Security and also ESET Smart securiy Premium. Wait for the release of the beta will be next month.Att,

then I believe the version that will have the name ESET Smart securiy Premium will have new features :D

Good! Thanks for finding out.So my line of thought was accurate enough :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Even though Webcam Protection and Script-based attack protection is not a new anymore however ESET's true abilities came along from their implemented features that generally kicks in even on zero day test.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
I see that the AV doesn't have "Network Attack Protection" and "Botnet Protection ".
Those features are implemented in Eset Firewall.

Are those features essential for an average user?

I am asking this because in most cases i am more than satisfied with Windows Firewall

Can anyone share his/her opinion about my first question?

Last edited:

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Is there an experimental ransomware protection in HIPS in this beta?
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.04.21_12h43m07s_001_.png

I see that the AV doesn't have "Network Attack Protection" and "Botnet Protection ".
Those features are implemented in Eset Firewall.
Are those features essential for an average user?
I am asking this because in most cases i am more than satisfied with Windows Firewall
Can anyone share his/her opinion about my first question?
I really only use ESS but to answer your question yes they are part of the firewall.I like ESET firewall and these features are part of the Smart Security Home user firewall.These features protect your home network as well as your PC.They can be disabled also in advanced settings
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.04.21_12h47m59s_002_.png

However EAV with Windows Firewall is a strong,light combination

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.