ESET Internet Security 10 Review by PCMAG (3/5 stars)

How would you rate ESET Internet Security 10?

• 5 Stars (Excellent)

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • 4 Stars (Very Good)

Votes: 33 45.8%
  • 3 Stars (Good)

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • 2 Stars (Fair)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Star (Poor)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • I have not tried ESET Internet Security 10

Votes: 17 23.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sundaram999

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jun 11, 2014
ESET Internet Security 10 Review by PCMAG

Article:
ESET Internet Security 10

Features:
  • Basic Firewall
  • Home Network Protection
  • Banking and Payment Protection
  • Straightforward Antispam
  • Webcam Protection
  • Small Hit on Performance
  • Uneven Component Quality
Pros
Very good scores in lab tests and our tests. HIPS blocked many exploits. Speedy malware scan. Useful network map. Secure browser for banking. Simple spam filter handles POP3 and IMAP.

Cons
Firewall doesn't pass common tests. Mediocre antiphishing score. Parental control limited to content filtering.

Bottom Line
Antivirus is the best part of ESET Internet Security 10, but other components include an old-school firewall that fails some common tests and parental control that's limited to content filtering.

Read more: ESET Internet Security 10

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
I haven't tried it. is it really good?
I have ESET SS 10, and I have been using it since ESET SS v8, personally this is what I need, ESS runs very light on my system, it has tools to figure out what's connected on your network and the reputation of every running process on your stuff whether it's safe or not. It has nowadays modern AV features like HIPS, sandbox, behavior analysis, firewall, home network protection and it has excellent signature.

I suggest you to try it for your own point of view and then decide. the link below describe every ESET product for windows and select which suit your needs,
Antivirus and Internet Security for Windows
personally I don't look any AV test lab result to decide the quality of an AV, I used to keep an eye on Malware Hub days to days and draw graphical result, and so far I'm happy with ESET :)

or, you can ask @omidomi he has tested ESET for long time on Malware Hub :)

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
as @novocaine mention me here(thanks for watching my posts), Eset is not "The Best" , but one of the best one that you can use it, if I want talk about Eset honestly , Eset is really improved from the older version of it,but it need more improvement...(against ransomware)
Eset v 10 BB is really better than Eset 9 BB.
I get it 4 stars :D

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
try clean installation by downloading the new version from this link below, I didn't receive notification neither, so I uninstalled v9 first then get the new one :)
Downloads for Home

Thank you very much. I assume it will still know I've got x number of months left and keep my settings and firewall rules? Are you suggesting that I also uninstall first as you did?

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
Thank you very much. I assume it will still know I've got x number of months left and keep my settings and firewall rules? Are you suggesting that I also uninstall first as you did?
as long as your license is not expired, then it can be used for new version. I suggest you to uninstall the previous version first then install the new one and don't export-import your setting from previous version, it may cause problem, below thread is an example
Eset v10 still blocking downloads after being disabled

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Thanks.

You're pretty sure I couldn't get away with installing 10 over 9 without uninstalling?

I suggest you to uninstall the previous version first then install the new one and don't export-import your setting from previous version, it may cause problem, below thread is an example
Eset v10 still blocking downloads after being disabled

In version 9 I simply disable protection and I download whatever I want. Now in version 10, even if I disable protection Nod32 is still blocking downloads of some malware samples. Does anyone know how do I fix this?
I think culprit was somehow my v9 exported settings, at least I am not sure, because after I uninstalled v9, I performed clean install of v10 so there is no way something remained. The only explanation is that v9 had some settings that led to this after I imported its settings to v10. Now it works as it should. Eset also had this problem when people upgraded from v8 to v9, so my advice to everyone is to do clean uninstall always and not to import settings from previous versions.

Could it be that this is only a problem in relation to the need of TwinHeadedEagle and others to download malware samples? I'm going to be leaving that to them.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
I wonder why ESET isn't upgrading me to that then.
Probably because of the changes to the lineup and the addition of the premium version.
Download Internet Security 10.Download it from the advanced download options and not the live installer.
Here are the download links for the 64 & 32 bit ESET Internet Security Downloads

https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eis/windows/latest/eis_nt64_enu.exe
https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eis/windows/latest/eis_nt32_enu.exe

Do not uninstall version 9 and install Internet Security 10 over version 9
Your settings(should be) and license will be transferred over and you will have Internet Security version 10 installed.
Ashampoo_Snap_2016.11.15_08h07m28s_001_.png

My vote was very good.I Beta tested it and have it installed on one of my desktops and in VM's.
Have been using ESET for many,many years and it never failed me.
I prefer to read the reviews but make my own decisions.
Personally version 10 is better than version 9 on most every level.
I think there are a couple bugs left but they were reported and will probably be fixed soon.
I do not use parental control so I cannot comment on that.

Last edited:

conceptualclarity

Level 21
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Aug 23, 2013
Probably because of the changes to the lineup and the addition of the premium version.
Download Internet Security 10.Download it from the advanced download options and not the live installer.
Here are the download links for the 64 & 32 bit ESET Internet Security Downloads

https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eis/windows/latest/eis_nt64_enu.exe
https://download.eset.com/com/eset/apps/home/eis/windows/latest/eis_nt32_enu.exe

Do not uninstall version 9 and install Internet Security 10 over version 9
Your settings(should be) and license will be transferred over and you will have Internet Security version 10 installed.

Thanks, Exterminator. I'm running Smart Security 9 now. (I really like the firewall.) Any reason you suggested I do Internet Security 10? I see downloads I presume are for Smart Security 10 at Downloads for Home and at ESET Home Software Downloads | ESET. I don't know if they would be what you were calling advanced download options.

Reactions: frogboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.