Battle ESET IS 11 or Kaspersky IS 18

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

I prefer ESET. Largely because of the ROBUST corporate grade firewall with options not seen in other software firewalls. It's worth a little less protection overall for that Firewall if you don't have a UTM on your network. IMO

But to be honest, I prefer G-Data over both of them, maybe look into that too?

ChoiceVoice

Level 6
Verified
Oct 10, 2014
kasp does better in the labs but will have more system drag, eset will run lighter on your system. i had eset on an older generation i3 and it ran beautifully. i like to check for sales to help me decide sometimes (both are excellent, so which is cheaper) .. and you can always ask them to give you a deal. i've done that and it worked once.

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
I prefer ESET. Largely because of the ROBUST corporate grade firewall with options not seen in other software firewalls. It's worth a little less protection overall for that Firewall if you don't have a UTM on your network. IMO

But to be honest, I prefer G-Data over both of them, maybe look into that too?
Lol, please tell me you are totally joking.
I've tested G-data not so long ago and their are complete bad In every aspect protection Is a joke UI looks like from 1990.
and they are Just not popular company at all and lacks features that other vendors have.

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

Lol, please tell me you are totally joking.
I've tested G-data not so long ago and their are complete bad In every aspect protection Is a joke UI looks like from 1990.
and they are Just not popular company at all and lacks features that other vendors have.

Why would I tell you I am joking? I said "I prefer".. That is, it's a preference of mine for a variety of reasons.

1) How is the protection a joke? They've got good heuristics, Bit Defender sigs, in-house sigs, reasonable BB and a decent firewall.
2) UI looks great to me. I like simplicity.
3) What features? It has an AV, Firewall, BB, Anti-Spam, Email Scanning, Anti-Keylogger, Heuristics, dual-engines, etc... I'm not sure what else you want, maybe optimizers, cleaners, game boosters? No thanks.

IMO, Eset has a lot of bugs and lackluster protection in some areas but is good in other areas. Kaspersky I've always had issues with, conflicts, etc. Also in view of more recent evidence coming out I am not inclined to trust my data with them. (especially the ex-employee whistleblower). Gdata still has some bugs, but overall I believe it's a fairly solid product and a better choice in my opinion over either of these.

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
Why would I tell you I am joking? I said "I prefer".. That is, it's a preference of mine for a variety of reasons.

1) How is the protection a joke? They've got good heuristics, Bit Defender sigs, in-house sigs, reasonable BB and a decent firewall.
2) UI looks great to me. I like simplicity.
3) What features? It has an AV, Firewall, BB, Anti-Spam, Email Scanning, Anti-Keylogger, Heuristics, dual-engines, etc... I'm not sure what else you want, maybe optimizers, cleaners, game boosters? No thanks.

IMO, Eset has a lot of bugs and lackluster protection in some areas but is good in other areas. Kaspersky I've always had issues with, conflicts, etc. Also in view of more recent evidence coming out I am not inclined to trust my data with them. (especially the ex-employee whistleblower). Gdata still has some bugs, but overall I believe it's a fairly solid product and a better choice in my opinion over either of these.
ESET Has bugs? never had any Issue with them and also no problem here with KIS.
But, every user experience Is different I respect your opinion but I prefer ESET and Kaspersky over G-Data
Also, 0 evidence and facts on Kaspersky case provided by the U.S known of their secerts.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

ForgottenSeer 58943

provided by the most lying and shitty country called U.S known of their secerts.

If you think the USA is bad, what about Israel? Literally their entire military industrial complex is one giant spying, suppression and propaganda machine. Remember, Intel was largely considered an Israeli company, do we blame meltdown on them? How about state sponsored malware escaping that has been linked back to Israel? NSA/CIA tend to suck, I agree, but Unit8200 is far far more nefarious without any oversight or legal accountability. I absolutely refuse to use any Israeli product or service and anyone that cares about their privacy/security probably shouldn't either.

In a strange stroke of irony here - it was Israel that implicated Kaspersky in spying on the USA after Israeli spies 'illegally' hacked a legitimate corporation. Maybe we should ask Israeli why they are hacking corporations and stirring the pot around the world?

PCGamer

Level 3
Verified
Well-known
Oct 14, 2015
If you think the USA is bad, what about Israel? Literally their entire military industrial complex is one giant spying, suppression and propaganda machine. Remember, Intel was largely considered an Israeli company, do we blame meltdown on them? How about state sponsored malware escaping that has been linked back to Israel? NSA/CIA tend to suck, I agree, but Unit8200 is far far more nefarious without any oversight or legal accountability. I absolutely refuse to use any Israeli product or service and anyone that cares about their privacy/security probably shouldn't either.

In a strange stroke of irony here - it was Israel that implicated Kaspersky in spying on the USA after Israeli spies 'illegally' hacked a legitimate corporation. Maybe we should ask Israeli why they are hacking corporations and stirring the pot around the world?
The only Irony now that only because I said something bad about your country then you say something bad about my country
LOL
That's the irony
and also our countries [Israel, USA] are both "friends" so
But, atleast Israel does not "fake an terroist attack" like USA 9/11 remember that?
Yeah CIA/NSA/FBI Job on that one
"I absolutely refuse to use any Israeli product or service and anyone that cares about their privacy/security probably shouldn't either"
You will not and cannot give tips to anyone and tell them not to use "Israeli product/service"
The No More Ransom Project
Even on nomoreransom project the Israel police Is there
So yeah maybe you can choose to use any Israel product/service or trust Israel pepole In general but you can't In any way suggest that to other pepole.
Yeah so Duqu 2.0 was made by Israel or bla bla bla
and Unit8200 Is not force than all those nasty USA #####
Like look at this freaking USA Is banning Kaspersky and telling everyone In CIA/NSA/FBI to not use kaspersky anymore
Why they even had kaspersky In the first place?
and don't let me start on all the conspiracy that every conspiracy Is related to USA Agency almost every conspiracy that they are trying to hide their secert Jobs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.