Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hi.

I have used ESET NOD32 7 and found it fantastic - rock solid and light! Right now I am using ESET NOD32 8 Beta and still it is rock and solid - and already so much STABLE.

My problem is the GUI - I am so BORED with it!

What AV/IS, free/paid would you recommend me? That is both solid and light?

I like ESET - it is just that I am suffering from a visual fatigue.

VladDracul

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Sep 28, 2011
I have used ESET NOD32 7 and found it fantastic - rock solid and light!
You have answered yourself to this part,about the GUI...oh common,you are bored about it,are you serious or what????
Are you starring every day,every hour to the UI???I'm sorry to say this,no disrespect intended,but it's the dumbest thing i ever heard!
Stick with this superb AV and let the UI be...If not,pick another AV with the beautiful UI ever made...and the choices are plenty.

Reactions: Nedim

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
You have answered yourself to this part,about the GUI...oh common,you are bored about it,are you serious or what????
Are you starring every day,every hour to the UI???I'm sorry to say this,no disrespect intended,but it's the dumbest thing i ever heard!
Stick with this superb AV and let the UI be...If not,pick another AV with the beautiful UI ever made...and the choices are plenty.
I appreciate your honesty. I am a kind of person who is curious and adventurous, wanting to try out new things.

phyniks

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Nov 17, 2013
Avast Free & Webroot are pretty light

But none of them are as stong as ESET (in my opinion)

Let's hope ESET will listen to its customers and give its appearance a great change.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Have you sent any feedback to the ESET developers regarding their GUI.
Yes. I am one of their Version 8 Beta testers. I have submitted many comments and feedbacks already, much are positives, except for the GUI and some graphical issues, like the notifications showing up at the middle of the screen.

Thingol

Level 1
Verified
Aug 9, 2014
If you want to stick with an AV the latest KIS (2015) is pretty hard to beat. Undoubtedly the lightest version yet (the improvements are significant for thise who've found it bloated in the past) and surprisingly bug free for a Kaspersky first release. Out of the box it's fine but you can still improve protection if you get into the guts of the Application Control.

CPU - very good (after a few days 'learning'). In my testing less than a minute CPU time after 3 hours up-time (mainy surfing).
Real world System Impact - Non-existent in day to day usage but a full scan is still a resource hungry activity
Level of protection - Consistently top rated AV, good HIPs (albeit limited on x64), good Anti-Spam, parental-control, firewall (closed not stealthed ports), safe banking and and handful of other goodies.

It's not cheap direct from Kaspersky but you can normally get good deals if you shop around.

If you want to go AV free AppGuard, paired with something like SBIE or NVT ERP woth the odd OD scanner and or VT uploader, is the best around at the moment IMO.

Cheers

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.