Status
Not open for further replies.

ifacedown

Level 18
Thread author
Verified
Jan 31, 2014
Hi.

I have used ESET NOD32 7 and found it fantastic - rock solid and light! Right now I am using ESET NOD32 8 Beta and still it is rock and solid - and already so much STABLE.

My problem is the GUI - I am so BORED with it!

What AV/IS, free/paid would you recommend me? That is both solid and light?

I like ESET - it is just that I am suffering from a visual fatigue.

Arakasi

Level 4
Verified
Jul 12, 2014
Hello.
Regarding the UI.
ESET is already developing a new UI.
It might not be in time for version 8, but how important is a change in UI in regards to protection anyways.
A ui should never be wild and crazy or even distracting. The useability and ease should be of the utmost importance. ESET has already accomplished this.
If and when they change the ui, if there is a learning curve, i will be disappointed. I hope they never try to make a metro type ui either. Thats a one hit wonder to me.

vrb93

Level 5
Verified
Jan 15, 2014
If you want to replace your config you have to test how new AVs run on your PC, different softwares has different performances on every config.
That's why trials exist. ;)
If UI is a big matter for you, have a look to the AVs you're interested in and try them! :D
(Example: Avast free is light on many config but on my PC was one of the heaviest AV I've ever installed)

Striker

Level 7
Verified
Mar 27, 2013
Avast free(costum install realtimeshield, webshield, software updater only) without hardern mode for normal user and windows firewall with advanced settings. more than enough. One of the lightes Avs out there with good realtime protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.