Content Creator
Well-known
Dec 30, 2012

novocaine

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Aug 19, 2016
why change from ESET, give a look at Malware Hub and see how ESET performs, even default ESET gives you good protection and it's customable, you can tweak it to be sadistic serial killer for threats with violations in threat rights. and believe me it will not eat your PC performance, what else...

F

ForgottenSeer 55474

I advice bitdefender total security.;)

:)Hello Again,Perhaps Kaspersky:both bitdefender and kaspersky are really good detection wise
Bitdefender has scored top in the last five years AV test.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

XhenEd

Level 28
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Mar 1, 2014
Don't change. Just add another layer of protection, like VoodooShield and AppGuard.

If you really want to change, I suggest Kaspersky Internet Security with Trusted Applications mode enabled. In this way, you'll get a default-deny model of protection.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
If you want to change an AV and you want to tweak the settings then i suggest to move to Comodo IS.
For me it's the king of tweaking:D.

Now about ESET i can suggest a couple of things you can change.
1st is the HIPS.You can change the setting to Smart Mode and it will alert you if something new is trying to launch to your system.
You can also use first training mode and after a week you can switch to
Interactive Mode which gives even more notifications than Smart Mode.

Another suggestion is to upgrade to Eset Smart Security.
There you can take advantage of the Eset Firewall which has some additional features that can make your security set up even better.

Now if you have decided to change from Eset to another security product my first suggestion is Emsisoft.
Very good protection package at default settings.

But to be honest whatever product you choose KIS, AVAST F-SECURE etc... i think you will be protected.

I hope i have helped;)

Rafabombassaro

Level 1
Dec 18, 2015
I´ve had problem with eset blue screens on windows 8, 8.1 and 10. Not understand why this wappens ( maybe version 8 and 9, trying test with 10 now ). Dont recomendo this software for a while.

giants8058

Level 4
Verified
Jan 26, 2016
I would have to go with Emsisoft of Kaspersky, as they offer superior real-time 0-day protection. Eset's detection rates and web protection are very good though.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.