Battle Eset NOD32 (not SS7) vs Qihoo 360 IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo6x

Thread author
May 28, 2014
Hey,
whats your favorite. Which one is lighter (fast PC, less memory), faster and more secure?

Reactions: ALi

Oxygen

Level 44
Verified
Feb 23, 2014
This is such a tough choice, but I'd like to say both are very light & both have good detection rates, and my vote goes to ESET.

jerzy601

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jun 20, 2011
This is a difficult question because both programs are lightweight, but as for the detection to my voice on Eset.:)

Sven

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Nov 5, 2013
I used both for a decent time, and I can tell that Eset wins this round, but with just slight advantages. Eset blocked so many phishing sites yet doesnt need any plugin, and Qihoo failed to block dangerous sites even with his web-shield plugin was with Firefox.. (yes NOD32 blocks malware sites)

Other ones :
Scan speed = >Qihoo
Results = Both great
PUP = >ESET
Cleaning/Removal = >ESET
Lightness = Both great
Ease to use = Both great

These are my humble opinion.

Thanks! :)

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Hey,
whats your favorite. Which one is lighter (fast PC, less memory), faster and more secure?
Hey,
Nowadays not invincible Whatever ESET Nod32, Home user version Eset AntiVirus (EAV), Eset Smart Security (ESS) This version ESS recommended for who heavy Surfing to the Internet (FireWall Network Block included) nor Business Edition Eset Endpoint AntiVirus (EEA), Eset Endpoint Security (EES)
The Latest Home user version ESET 7.0.317.4 (4) languange figure for Business edition 5.0.2228.1, my vote and strongly recommend, you choose ESET
Eset is lite not hungry eating your CPU Ram resources, User friendly, reliable and secure..I bet.

Reactions: phyniks

Mateotis

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Mar 28, 2014
You will be perfectly fine with either of these two, they are both great lightweight AVs with good detection rates. :)

I voted for ESET, mainly because I'm personally using it. I also don't understand the low detection score on AV-TEST, but as we all know, you shouldn't immediately jump to consequences with these tests.

marg

Level 12
Verified
May 26, 2014
I used to use Eset a long while back & found it good at detection especially ZERO day protection. The thing I did not like was the price. 360 is free & catches stuff pretty good so far. 360 is not very good at PUPs though IMO. Avast would rock if they ever got the cloud engine working properly. I read somewhere where Avast had problems with it. I don't know if they fixed the problem yet or not? A lot of free programs come bundled with junkware/malware so, I don't download programs much any more.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I like ESET, but I don't like to buy software, unless absolutely necessary. On the up side, ESET doesn't included bloat or other unneeded features like other vendors. It's enhanced PUP detection shows to be catching a lot too.

The extra features are nicely advertised too Exploit Blocker, Advanced Memory Scanner and Device Control.

FYI: Their Social Media Scanner is free for Facebook and Twitter: https://socialmediascanner.eset.com and if you use ESET SS7 (includes Anti-Theft), you can create an account and control your devices from my.eset.com, as well as scan your social networking sites from one place.

Qihoo 360 is new on this side of the planet, so I'm not sure about using it on my main computers. They may have good intentions, but never too sure about these "lightweight" or "cloud-based" AV software.

Jaspion

Level 17
Verified
Jun 5, 2013
I like ESET, but I don't like to buy software, unless absolutely necessary. On the up side, ESET doesn't included bloat or other unneeded features like other vendors. It's enhanced PUP detection shows to be catching a lot too.

The extra features are nicely advertised too Exploit Blocker, Advanced Memory Scanner and Device Control.

FYI: Their Social Media Scanner is free for Facebook and Twitter: https://socialmediascanner.eset.com and if you use ESET SS7 (includes Anti-Theft), you can create an account and control your devices from my.eset.com, as well as scan your social networking sites from one place.

Qihoo 360 is new on this side of the planet, so I'm not sure about using it on my main computers. They may have good intentions, but never too sure about these "lightweight" or "cloud-based" AV software.
Huracan, then try 360. Actually, try 360 IS for a feel of a complete product, and then try 360 TS to see the upcoming replacement of IS, but TS is still a little buggy, even though it's out of beta. Both can be lightweight if properly configured (default config is light).

But ESET is great, can't beat it in terms of overall detection (including PUPs in the mix), if you're willing to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.