blackice

Level 28
Verified
Thats standard settings, will not help you that much if you have for instance, a fresh encoder.
Any AV has
What do I need to change to improve protection?
Default protection of ESET is fine. Any AV can struggle with zero days. If you like to tinker there are good threads In the ESET area about using HIPS to improve protection.

A good starting point:
ESET HIPS

Any AV has

Default protection of ESET is fine. Any AV can struggle with zero days. If you like to tinker there are good threads In the ESET area about using HIPS to improve protection.

A good starting point:
ESET HIPS

Hmmm good to know. I am enjoying these settings it seems to make the machine light and it is protecting very well, blocking and doing everything automatically. Thanks for telling me about HIPS, I'll take a look at this part, I never took it to study HIPS in depth.

blackice

Level 28
Verified
Hmmm good to know. I am enjoying these settings it seems to make the machine light and it is protecting very well, blocking and doing everything automatically. Thanks for telling me about HIPS, I'll take a look at this part, I never took it to study HIPS in depth.
HIPS is very powerful, but takes time to make good rules that don’t break things. It’s definitely a good learning experience.

ESET’s knowledge base has some good instructions as well.

tsunami

Level 3