ESET Security tools and Windows 10 Technical Preview - buglist and some fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

midzan21

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2015
So today I'm gonna create this thread because I didn't see any thread like this here on forums.

First and inforemost: YES, you can install latest ESET Smart Security 8 / ESET NOD32 v8 to Windows Technical Preview (I'm currently using 10041 build of Win TP).

So after installing there is one problem which I found: HIPS module can't be enabled.
Fix for this is temporary (for me on latest build is untested) and that is enabling Pre-relase updates and clearing update cache. After you done all of that restart PC, and try to update ESS/NOD32.

If you find new problems while using Win TP and ESET tools, comment here

midzan21

Level 1
Thread author
Verified
Mar 8, 2015
OK, here I'm to say that in latest TP build 10041 there is another issue (which I found before couple minutes ago) and that is crashing of GUI after some notifications about latest update. ESS restarted GUI, but that is one heck of problem right now. Maybe it is just me with that problem, didn't look at ESET Forums.

Also HIPS isn't fixed with pre-release updates (from expirience) in this build, maybe we need to wait ESET's reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.