Advice Request ESET SmarSecurity 10 Beta and Adguard

Please provide comments and solutions that are helpful to the author of this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
Hello MalwareTips Community,

have been Testing ESET Internet Security 10 Beta and must say it is nice, I like it allot. The only one thing that does not Work at all and I don't know how to fix it is the: "HTTPS Scanner"

2016-09-06_19-31-15.jpg

Had to turn it: "Off" or I would receive Errors on every Website with all Browsers!

Example Firefox: What does "Your connection is not secure" mean? | Firefox Help

And like i sad before as soon as it is Off all works well... Now I think that "Adguard" is doing something that ESET does not like at all! Can not say since I like Adguard allot.

It could be that Adguard and ESET do not mix at all on the HTTPS Protection thing but if there is a chance to activate this feature and have Adguard present at the same time. I would be very grateful :D

Many thanks in advance
Val.

SpartacusSystem

Level 7
Verified
Well-known
Aug 6, 2015
Hello MalwareTips Community,

have been Testing ESET Internet Security 10 Beta and must say it is nice, I like it allot. The only one thing that does not Work at all and I don't know how to fix it is the: "HTTPS Scanner"

View attachment 114653

Had to turn it: "Off" or I would receive Errors on every Website with all Browsers!

Example Firefox: What does "Your connection is not secure" mean? | Firefox Help

And like i sad before as soon as it is Off all works well... Now I think that "Adguard" is doing something that ESET does not like at all! Can not say since I like Adguard allot.

It could be that Adguard and ESET do not mix at all on the HTTPS Protection thing but if there is a chance to activate this feature and have Adguard present at the same time. I would be very grateful :D

Many thanks in advance
Val.

I had security certificate errors problems when I upgraded Avast. I uninstalled Avast, then Adguard, reinstalled Avast then Adguard, the problem resolved itself.

This was my Avast thread: Windows 10 Pro Redstone 1 build 14393.3 RTM: Security certificate problems

valvaris

Level 6
Thread author
Verified
Well-known
Jul 26, 2015
I think that uninstalling ESET and Adguard at this point is very unwise on my part.

On Adguard allot of custom settings no problem Export should be possible. ;)

On ESET I do not intend to try to reinstall since allot of settings are custom and had to set allot of FW rules. I know you can Export the setting but I do not know if the export will carry the FW ruleset.

If so I could try and give that a shot.

Now to the Tech. things as much as I know Adguard is using a Driver to filter HTTPS Traffic and has Its own root certificate. This could be the issue why ESET does not work in the first place and that both of them will collide?! Not sure...

Example:
2016-09-06_20-18-57.jpg

Best regards
Val.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.