Battle ESET Smart Security 6 RC vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 178

RE: ESET SMART SECURITY 6RC VS KASPERSKY INTERNET SECURITY 2013

This is the wrong section to post this poll , it should be in the "War Room" section.

to answer your question : i will choose ESET (light on the system, very good detection & prevention), i tried KIS and it was heavy and slow especially during updates so i removed it right away...

woomera

Level 7
Verified
Jan 15, 2012

kaspersky = better detection/prevention IMO but its a bit heavy
ESET = very light but fewer options and it has way lesser detection rate (just see the tests done by any well-known website)

at the end if you have some time in your hand test their detection/prevention yourself in a VBOX or VMware

D

Deleted member 178

woomera said:
kaspersky = better detection/prevention IMO but its a bit heavy

right but for the resources usage you are gentle :D i still remember the pikes of 100% cpu usage for almost 20 sec.

ESET = very light but fewer options and it has way lesser detection rate (just see the tests done by any well-known website)

Also right but on most of my detection tests ESET is often above 90%, ESET is very reactive and they update their database very quickly.

at the end if you have some time in your hand test their detection/prevention yourself in a VBOX or VMware

he is a beginner so better avoid confuse him with VMs ;)

COULD A MOD MOVE MERGE THIS THREAD WITH THE ONE IN THE WAR ROOM

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011

This is a tough one. They are both great suites, but I would have to pick Kaspersky.

ammarmasooma

Aug 19, 2012

always a confusing option..i have keys for both but i simply cannot decide..kaspersky scanning takes years,resources high,install space lots,startup and shutdown takes time..for eset its opposite..
detection kaspersky better,eset opposite..

dats why difficult to decide cse both are good in their own ways..

inputs guys..

D

Deleted member 178

v6 is very stable, never got any issues since using it. The Anti-theft feature works well.

House_maniac

Level 1
Sep 21, 2011

i will go with eset 6 rc eset detection is good too there isn't so much gap between karpersky and eset and i still remember someone made a test of eset v5 vs karpersky and that day eset scored better than karspersky so don't believe every review site try to check youtube reviews then you can make a decision from this :)

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
You're already using ESS, so what do you think of it and how does it compare to KIS (if / when you've tried it)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.