Battle ESET Smart Security 7.302.0 vs Outpost Security Suite Pro 9.1 vs ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 120.104

Status
Not open for further replies.

potinglin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
Which product give better protection? ESET Smart Security 7.302.0 vs Outpost Security Suite Pro 9.1 vs ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 120.104. Regard to System resources usage.

Reactions: Ulikedat

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
I (usually) don't succumb to peer pressure,:cool: and neither do I have a penchant for falling in with mobs,:oops: ..but from what I've come to learn about ESET products being both light on resources and also performing well with low false positives, I'd choose ESET; and I have yet to even try it.:rolleyes: Yes, I believe joining the ESET Mob sure beats those angrier communities whom carry torches and bully the poor Frankenstein's monster!;)

kjdemuth

Level 9
Verified
Jan 17, 2013
From what I've used of Eset I like the following.....It has a good detection rate, it has it's own exploit protection, it's relatively light on resources, the web filter works in sandboxie (huge for me at least), it has a large amount of configurations, the HIPS can be set to alert for many things. These are just a few things since I haven't been using Eset for long.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Rahadian Putra

Level 9
Verified
Well-known
Jan 28, 2014
Those AV's on poll are good, they are equal I can say, it's just depends on what you need (user). Zonealarm is good, it also use kaspersky engine from what I know, Outpost is also good, but since I haven't use it I can't leave any comment about it, Eset is good too, it's light, perhaps the lightest between those 3, but HIPS component on Eset is still need to improved, I'm not an ESET fanboy neither use it, my advice : try those AV's (trial) then you can choose which one is suite your need. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.