Battle ESET Smart Security 7.302.0 vs Outpost Security Suite Pro 9.1 vs ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 120.104

Status
Not open for further replies.

potinglin

Level 3
Thread author
Verified
Sep 28, 2013
Which product give better protection? ESET Smart Security 7.302.0 vs Outpost Security Suite Pro 9.1 vs ZoneAlarm Extreme Security 120.104. Regard to System resources usage.

Reactions: Ulikedat

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
nowadays, NO Virus Guards than ESET, that have low resources with resonable
performance..nor Viper also have low resources in RAM usage..certainly ESET.

MrExplorer

Level 28
Verified
Nov 15, 2012
True, but no ESET users explains why they recommend the software.

Each & Every user before selecting a security software, first see which level of protection does it offer if they are satisfied they give a trial to that software & see if it does not conflict with any other software or it does not create any problem with the PC or AV is not buggy.

As ESET instead of joining the rush of releasing a new AV every year they try to make there existing features more perfect - thats why the ESET is not at all buggy.

New UI, leads to program the software again which lead to increase in bugs so instead of releasing a AV every year with NEW UI an AV company should more concentrate on making the product more stable & make the protection modules more perfect.

ESET's loads all it signature in the RAM because of which it does not even take second to detect a malicious software, of all the AV i used ESET's on access scanner is best.

ESET update size are extremely low so it's signature does take a lot ram, Now a days while seeing the post in MalwareHub section i do find that ESET's detection rate is one of best.

When it comes to UI of ESET, even i do not like its UI a lot, its fine but too old, they need a new UI now.
MOD as ESET forum are saying that NEW UI is under development.

ESET is too much light as compared to all other security products, it does not slow down the PC at all.

You can see ESET's test video on youtube you will get to know how good protection ESET offers, but personally if you do test AV than TEST ESET yourself.

ESET's Web-Protection is awesome.

One thing which i always wanted in ESET that ESET need BB & now in ver.7 they have a BB. but currently i think it is not that good.

So rest it's you own choice.

Reactions: XhenEd

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Eset work fine with me... let me know what ESET you're using...?
ESET annoying me just on Database backup it's take up space
it's allways make backup on every updates.
I assume you 99% you're using Eset Smart security...right?

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
@MrExplorer
For me Appearance it's not so importance....the importance thing is performance
user friendly, easy to understand not to much menu tabulation..
ESET was change they UI since ESET for Home user ESET version 7.0.302.26
not automatically for other ESET product eg Eset End Point like EEA, EES
i saw they still used old UI, GUI,,,even you can setting to have more cool
in tool user interface graphics. see below.....Btw I'm personally wish to have new eset GUI
ESET previous version logo:
eset5.jpg

Eset Current version 7.0.302.26 logo:
eset7.jpg

Last edited:

King Alpha

Level 25
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 21, 2013
Eset work fine with me... let me know what ESET you're using...?
ESET annoying me just on Database backup it's take up space
it's allways make backup on every updates.
I assume you 99% you're using Eset Smart security...right?
Nope, it's only EAV 7 with default settings. I really don't understand why it blocked the windows update. Oh well...

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
Yes you're right.. i mistake ..usually ESS quite harder to setting then EAV
becoze EAV not having FireWall. Did you tried..disable protection for a while
let's say settin until next restart.. so go to windows update by manually
let see your eset still block or not...I think your windows update not cause
by eset...sometime blocked by IE...try also to added windows update on your
IE privacy security in whitelist.. i will find here in my note how to setting windows
update to whitelist trusted site..in IE setting...and will let you know...
now test with disable your eset protection...if so it's means not cause by eset.
let's try it..

Reactions: King Alpha

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
This is my Eset Smart Security setting see spoiler
ESET HIPS Setting
essw1.png

Personal Firewall Interactive EAV don't have this setting
essw.png

essw2.png

Last edited:

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
@King Mellow
Also Check as description below your IE setting
http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/159323-code-8024402f-windows-update.html
AFTERWARDS...
BACK TRACK TO NETWORK AND INTERNET->INTERNET OPTIONS->SECURITY {TAB}->TRUSTED SITES {ZONE}-> CLICK "SITES"
\OPTIONAL/ {TICK OFF (UNCHECK) "REQUIRE SERVER VERIFICATION (HTTPS FOR ALL SITES IN ZONE"} \OPTIONAL/

ADD THESE

http://www.microsoft.com
https://*.update.microsoft.com
https://download.windowsupdate.com

Go to WindowsUpdate and check for updates. Problem solved! Sometime caused by antivirus blocked windows update site

ismethere

Level 8
Verified
May 9, 2014
@King Mellow
Back to your Windows Update >< Eset Anti Virus issue
I'm not sure Eset was blocking your Windows updates,
Eset even the one of one cares about the OS update
Here my screenshot that I'm talking about...
Might be there is, Bit wrong with your system setting.
ESET Report That My Windows not Update Becoze not yet all windows updates Finished (Proven)
esswinu.png

eeswu.png

Just this one I hate ESET Always make Database backup on every updates (I've tell you)
eyu.png

Last edited:
Reactions: King Alpha
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.