Battle ESET Smart Security 8 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 vs Panda Free Antivirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew999

Level 24
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 17, 2014
Which of ESET Smart Security 8 vs Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 vs Panda Free Antivirus is the best at blocking new threats? Why ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Logethica

omidomi

Level 71
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Apr 5, 2014
100 Kapersky, 99 Eset, 0 panda!
You can see reviews, and the results in the maware hub forum.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
For such wanted to complex configuration and blend with detection/prevention capabilities then Kaspersky.

Full protection capability as possible then ESET.

Lastly if you want slimmer type but Cloud Enhanced version which it can increase detection capabilities then Panda.

Actually in such testing based on my observation conducted it goes with the two Kaspersky and ESET.

;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Since we have 2 Suites and an AV I would eliminate Panda AV.However if the choices were KAV,EAV & Panda AV I would consider both ESET & Kaspersky as both are excellent products both have excellent detection with ESET being a little lighter on your system resources.
KIS 2015 is an excellent suite and IMO the best detection.However KIS does have an impact on your system and boot up time.Depending on your system this could be quite noticeable or not noticeable.KIS 2015 is a powerful feature rich security suite.
ESS 8 is very light on your system and runs excellent on any OS and almost any system.Detection is excellent also and default settings are very good for the average home user.It has plenty of features although not as many as KIS.
I use both on different operating systems and on different machines so I would say KIS 2015 by a very slim margin.
Panda Free AV however is a very good free alternative.
If you are not very experienced or an average home user and want to pay,I would say ESS 8 would be the best choice.

Reactions: bitbizket

Kuttz

Level 13
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 9, 2015
In terms of detection rate Panda free antivirus 2015 is on par with Kaspersky, Eset internet security softwares. The thing you lacks on Panda free AV is the firewall. But windows firewall is pretty strong and competitive to paid internet security softwares. So why you need to pay for security softwares when you can get similar level of security and performance on a free solution with usage of Panda Free antivirus + Windows firewall ??

Here I am listing the AV-Comparatives Firewall test report of 2014, reviewing the ESET Smart Security 7.0, Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 and the Free Windows 7 Firewall performance.

EqtwYHX.png

K6Ra2Oq.png

svxlNgo.png

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
@Andrew999 Please do not create multiple threads of existing topics, use this thread instead of (yet) another Kaspersky vs ESET topic.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.