App Review ESET Smart Security Test and Review (Antivirus Tester)

• Thread starter Antivirus Tester
  • Start date
It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
D

Deleted member 2913

Thread author
Remaining malware in the folder were executed & I didn't see a single detection from Eset.
Proactive seems weak & non-existent.

Popular AVs are tested by testing organizations & many reviewers.

There are couple free new AVs with good third party engine, In-House engine, etc...
I think these needs to be tested for their effectiveness.

I would like to see tests of these free new AVs.
Securalive
Avetix

Bitdefender free AV (not many good tests are available)

Maxxx58

Level 13
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
I'm using ESS 8. Nice review! Can you share the wallpaper in your review with me? Thanks :D:D
And if can, please make a review for Kaspersky Internet Security (or Total Security) with the same samples and malicious links on your this review. I want to compare between ESET and Kaspersky. Very appreciated if you do!!!

Last edited:
A

Antivirus Tester

Thread author
here you go

Attachments

• WnjTnMK.jpg
    WnjTnMK.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 437
Reactions: Maxxx58

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.