Battle ESET Smart Security vs Bitdefender IS vs Kaspersky IS

Status
Not open for further replies.

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
These three are my favourites....All the three are good in their own aspects...some compromises have to be made among many factors like protection,usability,detection etc.. while considering AV products...By considering all these I feel ESET to be slightly better than the other two...I don't know why I like ESET but it's simple interface,less resource usage and better protection(not best!) makes me like this even though I liked Kaspersky and Bitdefender when I tried them:):):)let me see what others feel....

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
Littlebits said:
I couldn't count the number of times that I had to remove BitDefender, Kaspersky, McAfee and Norton from my customer's system because they caused problems.

I never experienced issues with ESET, therefore it is the only paid AV that I will recommend besides paid versions of Avast, AVG and Panda Cloud.

Good day.:D

Exactly my opinion,eset is such a stable product, i have many of my family members still using version 3 which is still supported for more than 6 years without any problems whatsoever,mind you they are no security geeks,just normal people,all I do is just renew eset every 2 years for them and give them the key and no problems!

arsenaloyal

Level 3
Verified
Aug 6, 2012
maaster said:
Detection doesn't alone matter....other factors such as false positives,resource usage etc too matter!

yes absolutely right! the good thing about EST is they keep things really simple,all most user need is a completely bloat free antivirus,and eset is the best at it.
The last version of kaspersky I tried was 2009.
Kaspersky and bitdefender change their UI too much,so its not really always good for non technical user and their updates are also very big when compared to eset.
ESET when configured to max settings and password protected it hard to beat.

maaster

Level 1
Thread author
Aug 5, 2012
arsenaloyal said:
maaster said:
Detection doesn't alone matter....other factors such as false positives,resource usage etc too matter!

yes absolutely right! the good thing about EST is they keep things really simple,all most user need is a completely bloat free antivirus,and eset is the best at it.
The last version of kaspersky I tried was 2009.
Kaspersky and bitdefender change their UI too much,so its not really always good for non technical user and their updates are also very big when compared to eset.
ESET when configured to max settings and password protected it hard to beat.
And add to that HIPS which was introduced in version 5 and still developing makes it a solid product!

P

Plexx

ESET on default settings is good enough. maxing the settings will just make it overkill and FPs will rise (referring to Threatsense module which is basically the only settings you can tweak as well as the web protection component).

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.