Battle Eset Smart Security vs Kaspersky IS vs Comodo IS vs Trendmicro IS

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MalwareT

And here we go again :rolleyes: :D

From my personal experience, ESET is very light, powerful and easy to use. TrendMicro has weak detection but strong proactive defense, Kaspersky has great detection, has rollback technology and it has application control. COMODO (which i use), is very light, uses only 7 MB of RAM, and their proactive defense (Defense+ and HIPS + Viruscope) is great,it's not everything in detection.

Best way is see for yourself which one suites you and your needs :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I will try to make it simplified as possible.

TM is know for superb cloud protection

ESET for rapid detection.

Kaspersky for big boy that contains strong components and optimal protection.

Comodo for advance/experience user due to the Big Three components.

Better make a little comprehensive research since same testimonies are always provided. :)

vindiesel

Level 7
Verified
Apr 15, 2013
Hello,
For me Eset is the best antivirus.
Kasperksy always has problems high memory usage ,while TrendMicro has a low detection rate. ESET is light and has a great detection rate.

Last edited by a moderator:

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
@Andrew999 since you are going to do some tweaking then my suggestion would be the same with your choice CIS.
Comodo offers very good protection when you will modify default settings;).
If you need any help with new settings you can ask @Malware Test who is using it and as i see has tweaked CIS to provide him
a strong protection:).
If you want anything else you can ask me anytime:)

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Sorry @Maxxx58 i just starting using KAV and with Windows 10 coming and some personal matters i didn't have the time
to do some tweaking to see what is better and how KAV performs.
I am using it for a week and still have it on default settings which by the way offer good protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.