App Review ESET Smart Security + Zemana AntiMalware Prevention and Detection Test (safe1st)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jrs30

Level 11
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
Big test, thanks for sharing!
I use ESET Smart Security + Zemana and I think a very good combination!
ESET + Zemana = Lightweight and effective :)
ESET gave life to my system, after suffering much from Avast and AVG :(
And Zemana a very good addition.

MTUser

Level 4
Verified
Sep 11, 2014
Nice test and very good job! I like the way you are doing your tests now :p

P.S: You have at least 1 "malware" that isn't a malware in that folder (HFS by rejetto). ESET classifies it as "potentially unsafe" ;)

Last edited:

LahiruRajinda

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jul 6, 2015
I will recommend this combo to anyone who is looking for a decent security setup with low performance impact.

Reactions: safe1st

Fede90

Level 2
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
I haven't seen Eset HIPS or Heuristic works for unknown malwares. If the pc is not infect is only for Zemana real-time protection?

Reactions: Davidov

Stas

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Feb 21, 2015
Actually its enabled, but I dont change anything on the HIPS setting.
So its set on Automatic mode not a good HIPS setting, if you don't manually set HIPS you should at least use Smart mode or Learning mode to create rules automatically for maximum duration of 14 days and then change to Interactive mode or Policy-based mode.

Reactions: safe1st and kev216

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
So its set on Automatic mode not a good HIPS setting, if you don't manually set HIPS you should at least use Smart mode or Learning mode to create rules automatically for maximum duration of 14 days and then change to Interactive mode or Policy-based mode.

I know but its based on my real-system and gaming pc.
I dont randomly install softwares- try a software on VM. Also the good thing is no leftover files after uninstall a software..

So I think I dont need HIPS especially on my gaming pc. Only games, editing.. thats it :D

Fede90

Level 2
Verified
Aug 16, 2013
Meanwhile i have seen video another time. I mean when you start to execute random malwares from the folder, i cannot see ESET warning about suspicious items running on the system. Only Zemana advise. That's it
Probably i don't know all ESET setting and how they work.

@Stas: so, only in learing mode ESET can try to stop unknown malwares?

safe1st

Level 17
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 29, 2016
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.