Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Hi everyone,
I noticed that when I turn on or restart my computer, ESET sometimes fails to update its virus database. I search this issue and do the same with ESET guide (Link: http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN2850), but it can't help me. I don't have any problems with my network, too. ESET seems hard to connect to its update server (I have no problem with Emsisoft, does its work successfully). This is photo of my problem. Please help me!
uLwwUOi.png

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
I don't understand what you say (Sorry, I am not good at English :D)

Well I meant to say that on update settings there's a drop down list and see if its label as 'choose automatically' for update server. :)

So the problem still exist? Did you check the ping of eset server if its connection timeout, one of ESET solution is to reinstall the program.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Well I meant to say that on update settings there's a drop down list and see if its label as 'choose automatically' for update server. :)

So the problem still exist? Did you check the ping of eset server if its connection timeout, one of ESET solution is to reinstall the program.
I've just turned on my computer and get this problems again. I have to check update manually. I get this problem many times, I reinstall Windows 3 times but still the same problems with update session of ESET. I think ESET seems hard to touch their update server. When I ping update server, this is result
L98TOkl.png

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
Are you running under a VPN? Did you check your update settings in ESS?

4uyvck.png

29psrnn.png

Global proxy server settings is default. Try "Do not use proxy server" and see what happens.If one of these two choices is not ticked try each one
I already do that, but can't solve

kiric96

Level 19
Verified
Well-known
Jul 10, 2014
what you meant by "I dont do that" you dont want to do it? or you havent try to?

ESET as other AVs uses cdn to spread their updates, so try to use a proxy or a vpn to see if you can get redirected to another location where you can run a normal update.

Maxxx58

Level 13
Thread author
Verified
Dec 20, 2014
what you meant by "I dont do that" you dont want to do it? or you havent try to?

ESET as other AVs uses cdn to spread their updates, so try to use a proxy or a vpn to see if you can get redirected to another location where you can run a normal update.
I mean I don't know how to do that :D. Can you guide me?

Reactions: tallorder
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.