Eset throwing warnings about "Untrusted certificate" on Yahoo and other websites. False positive ?

• Thread starter WolfensteinXeen
  • Start date

What do you think about Eset recurring certificate warnings since 24 hours ?

• Eset is warning about real certificates issues

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Eset is overzealous and makes a fuss for nothing

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • This is a false positive that will probably be fixed in an upcoming database update

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WolfensteinXeen

Thread author
Hi there,

Since yesterday Eset is warning me very frequently while on Yahoo and on some other websites (such as Stacksocial). I know it happens occasionally to Eset to warn from time to time about an untrusted certificate. What's unusual is how many alerts there are (on Yahoo there are up to 5 in a row and the regularly as long as i stay on the website).

This happens on our 3 PCs using the latest version of Eset Internet Security 10.1.210.2 with the latest database downloaded on Windows 10 CU (64 bit). Someone in my family using Eset is also experiencing the same warnings.

I've included a poll to know your opinions on this. I also included the screenshots of the warnings but since my systems are in French, i included as well a screenshot of the same alert in English that i found on a Eset forum somewhere.

Thanks for reading me, i was just curious to know your opinions on that ;)

EDIT: it seems the certificate issue is real and is not a false positive. Eset even made a support page about it just today.

Attachments

• Eset.JPG
    Eset.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 536
  • Eset2.JPG
    Eset2.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 517
  • post-2006-0-75940400-1470360959.png
    post-2006-0-75940400-1470360959.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 504
Last edited by a moderator:
W

WolfensteinXeen

Thread author
What is being said by ESET - either by staff on the ESET forum or other places - about the issue ?

Well when i checked on Google yesterday and there was nothing. I just checked now and Eset made a support page about it just today.

So it seems it's not a false positive after all, just Eset insisting on informing their users about expired certificate. Now that i know what's up i'll just select "Remember action for this certificate" and should not be annoyed anymore.

I gotta say i'm impressed by how efficiently they have addressed this issue. Their support is really good. Only Emsisoft offers an even better support from my experience.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to answer. It means a lot to me as i have a lot of respect of AppGuard, both as a product and a company ;)

Reactions: malis2007
W

WolfensteinXeen

Thread author
Interesting, we started getting complaints from people that they could not get to their yahoo mail accounts I wonder if it was related to this...

Could be related but i honestly have no idea. But i guess Verizon's first move after buying Yahoo of firing 2000 people doesn't help keeping a stable and secure network.

Reactions: malis2007
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.