Thread author
Verified
Oct 20, 2014
My PC setup
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-6700K Processor
Mainboard: Msi Titanium Z170A
Graphics Card: MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning SLI
Memory: Gskill RipjawsV DDR4 3000MHz 32GB
Storage Drive: Samsung SSD 950 PRO M.2 512GB (X2)
Display: 28 inch Asus IPS and 27 inch Samsung
Audio: Northstar Supremo > Parasound A21> klipsch reference rf-7 II
Optical Drive: Sony Blue ray
Power Supply Unit: Seasonic-X 1250W
Casing: Li Lian PC-O8

D

Deleted member 178

Approved by Staff

2s9jymOt.jpg

nothing to add , all is covered ;)

Exterminator

Community Manager
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Nice PC specs! Nice choice of Processor & MOBO
You could consider one or two more on demand scanners besides MBAM although not necessary.
You have a very nice config! Thanks for sharing it :)

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
Good job to your chosen setup, everything are well covered. :)

Cats-4_Owners-2

Level 39
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Dec 4, 2013
Your system's hardware & software configurations are all impressive, ..and something to feel very good about sharing!:) Avast! Premier has been among my personal favorites used. I'm hoping the infection you experienced during the last six months was something caught before being executed..?o_O

I only wonder whether you are using uBlock or the uBlock Origin which I prefer. Here's why:
As of May 2015, "uBlock Origin" continues to be actively developed and maintained by founder and lead developer Raymond Hill, but he has withdrawn his support for "uBlock".
source: uBlock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PS Since my wife wanted bagels for breakfast, my fond hope is she'll also agree to a new computer system like yours!:D

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
Windows essentials 2012, did you upgrade from win 7 to win 10? Switching to LastPass or any other is more secure and VLC is a worthy addition too. Your specs are impressive and the latest you can get. I bet you're an enthusiast. There's a new feature called Speed Shift, a revamped version of Intel SpeedStep which intel claims that hardware level clocks adjustments are superior than managing through OS.

Reactions: Cats-4_Owners-2

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
I think MS should retire these s/w and integrate some programs with w10.
Windows 10 doesn't include any useful video editing software, but have included other Windows Live Essentials software:
  • Photo Gallery (Photo app)
  • Mail (Mail app)
  • Writer (Office.com / Docs.com / Sway / Office Online etc)
  • OneDrive (OneDrive app or logging in with Microsoft Account)

It may be not be developed, but doesn't mean it should be not used. For example; Microsoft Expression software.

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
For photo gallery, picasa is great. For mail, switching mozilla TB is a great alternative. Since Onedrive is integrated into w10 so replacing win essentials is a good option, but users who're fond of using these apps will be disappointed.

jamescv7

Level 85
Verified
Honorary Member
Mar 15, 2011
@Vasudev: Yes there are many alternatives + some are open source, well @Eugene Yap can choice everything as long it will be handy in matter of time.

Windows Movie Maker (Part of Windows Essential) as example is very easy and handy since other alternative video editor cannot afford due to huge price, those simple transitions will be enough to make decent video. ;)

Vasudev

Level 33
Verified
Nov 8, 2014
@Vasudev: Yes there are many alternatives + some are open source, well @Eugene Yap can choice everything as long it will be handy in matter of time.

Windows Movie Maker (Part of Windows Essential) as example is very easy and handy since other alternative video editor cannot afford due to huge price, those simple transitions will be enough to make decent video. ;)
It can be done on picasa and to know how to do it, simply follow this link Picasa: Create a short movie of your photos..
As you said, nothing can match Windows Movie Maker's simplicity & spot-on performance even for noobs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.