Assigned Evjl's Rain Zemana Report - January 2017

This thread is being handled by a member of the staff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Just tested all 7 samples within 11th January archive with Pandora enabled and all of them were blocked.

Are you sure you had Real Time Protection ON like on the image below and Pandora enabled?

xeef4k.png

Nothing happened, this test is not valid ;)
They may have added more sig in static detection?

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Thread author
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
If you want I can give you TeamViewer access to my test machine and we can test them together, I would like to see the outcome.
I thin first of all I will try to demonstrate it in my VM first and post a video
then you can test it in your VM

if our results don't match or I do something wrong, we can test it together :)
I tested everything via Windscribe VPN, not sure if it affected the results of pandora

TwinHeadedEagle

Level 41
Verified
Mar 8, 2013
I thin first of all I will try to demonstrate it in my VM first and post a video
then you can test it in your VM

if our results don't match or I do something wrong, we can test it together :)
I tested everything via Windscribe VPN, not sure if it affected the results of pandora

I don't think that VPN is going to affect the results, but make sure that Zemana has the access to internet and that signatures are loaded.

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Anyone that now uses Zemana does the alerts for malware detection show when pandora detected something or it was sigs?

I don't think that VPN is going to affect the results, but make sure that Zemana has the access to internet and that signatures are loaded.
Why signatures? We are talking if it does anything without signatures. That is what i don't get about your test. You run the files before scanning the folder to see how many of those are because of static detection(signatures) and if any of those are dynamic. Not familiar if alerts show that info. Maybe you can enlighten me?

SHvFl

Level 35
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Nov 19, 2014
Because without signatures Real Time protection isn't completely active. Install Zemana and activate real time protection and you will see that Zemana is loading signatures. After it is done you will notice that Real Time protection is set to ON on home page.
Cool. Can you also explain how to know if pandora or signatures detected something from the alert? Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.