Evorim Free Firewall - Have you tried it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sr. Normal 2.0

What are you saying mate?
I was attracted to the telemetry block. And was it who had strange connections. One tip, if you want to install it, use Glasswire as well. I tried to create rules to prevent some programs from being connected and with Glasswire I saw that they were connected. o_O
I can not recommend it to anyone, but we do not fool ourselves, we love to try new software :cool:and more if it is security. Surely many are testing it today and many will uninstall it today ;)

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
The outgoing connections was only one guy over at Wilders that reported.
Not all were convinced that this was correct, other did not have that problem.
I really like to use it, but not if it leaves open ports on my vpn-connection.
Otherwise it is really easy to use, and yes it works with Voodooshield.
Evorim did stop outgoing connections effectively from unknown apps until I allowed them.
That means that many malware will stop right there, without connecting to their control server.

Anyone up for doing a vid after getting to know the FW a bit?

/W

R

Rodney74

Yes test this, be nice to have a working, reliable, new firewall. Only ones now are comodo and zonealarm

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

woodrowbone

Level 10
Verified
Dec 24, 2011
I just installed it again, port 139 wide open according to Shields-UP file sharing test.
It seems there is a problem with Evorim and W10 FW, EFW takes over the control of WFW and something goes wrong.
I cannot enable WFW after I install EFW, the setting in the EFW to enable WFW does not work.
If I disable WFW inside EFW, EFW does not seem to be working/enabled.
Can anyone verify these results over at Shields-UP?

I know, a bit much EFW, WFW... :p
If I uninstall Evorim, WFW does enable again and all ports are closed again, strange bug?
I have sent two mails to Evorim, latest one two days ago, no answer...

/W

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Hi how to know when we enable all for a program or just incoming ,outgoing? Thks
That's not specified actually. In my opinion, the best solution is to keep windows firewall enable so that it will block all inbound connections by default. Like that, if you allow an app on Evorim FW, it will be for outgoing connections only

imuade

Level 12
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jul 29, 2018
Nice program easy for use end is light. What I was looking for I found it at evorim. thanks for sharing
You are welcome :)
I'm currently using Binisoft WFC, but since it's not clear whether it will be free in future or not, I'm also looking at some alternatives:
  • Sphinx-soft W10FC
  • Simplewall
  • Evorim
Would you mind sharing some screenshots (if different than the ones on my link)?
Are you using it alongside Windows FW or standalone?
Does it allow/block outgoing connections only or also inbound ones?
Can you confirm if it stores rules in a .xml file?

Hi how to know when we enable all for a program or just incoming ,outgoing? Thks
It used to save its rules in .xml.Has it changed it?

Last edited:

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Μany explanation is difficult with my ugly english and the translator not help me with Greek language. But will try with some screenshots

Reactions: oldschool

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
ram browser closed
ram.jpg

stefanos

Level 28
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Oct 31, 2014
Thats all. Is more monitor and you can block programs easy just incoming outgoing . For me is perfect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.