Excellent! First comparative with avast! version 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
The Virus Bulletin comparative test from last Friday was the first to include our latest version 6.0 and compare it to other security solutions. AVAST submitted as always our avast! Free Antivirus version against other companies’ paid-for security suites and even business solutions, to endorse our vision that when it comes to malware, free security can and should be delivering the same protection as paid-for alternatives.

https://blog.avast.com/2011/04/14/excellent-first-comparative-with-avast-version-6-0/

28cikx2.png

LochNess

Apr 2, 2011
Very intresting results... I guess I'm going to have to become more familiar with the methods and objectives of the major software testing organizations... I have a general lack of knowledge in this area... but the results seem to vary, sometimes radically...

But, nevertheless, Avast Free seems to be generally well recieved... ESPECIALLY in this test with full suites !!

Thanks for info..

Dieselman

Level 1
Thread author
Mar 26, 2011
Business suites are suppose to be more powerful. Hence the reason they are showing it. The point of it all is to show that Avast Free is just as good if not better then most paid solutions. Not to hard to figure out.

ballader1

Apr 14, 2011
I am sry, but there are programs that have a better detection than avast, but are lower than it thx to speed...well, I would prefer my scan taking more time than my pc getting infected, but that's just my opinion.

bogdan

Level 1
Jan 7, 2011
Yes, you could say that Avira Antivir Free (free version should behave similar to the pro version in this test) had better detection (according to this test) and is also free. But there are also other arguments that can make you choose avast: the product is being improved, it evolves, more shields are added to provide better detection of unknown malware.

McLovin

Level 76
Verified
Honorary Member
Malware Hunter
Apr 17, 2011
The results look very interesting ...i thought avast would be higher... but also i did think that it would be higher than f-secure...

Status
Not open for further replies.