exterminator20 Note 5 Security Config

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeNukesEm

Level 5
Verified
Sep 14, 2016
Decent security, I would also make sure you have sim lock enabled. Also Comodo isn't really known for their android security, but then again you don't even need a antivirus in the first place but just a tip to be more secure would be to use a more reputable android security app such as eset, 360 security, kaspersky, or lookout. Also what do you use to lock your phone? Pin, password, fingerprint? Other than that you look good!

Reactions: Deleted member 2913

XIII

Level 5
Verified
Sep 20, 2016
First time I've seen Comodo used on a driver. How is the impact on your device from it? Is your Note 4 configuration similar to this one?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Updated Note 5 config 1/15/2017
Moved from Comodo Mobile Security to KIS 2017 which comes with Android Protection.
Comodo was actually pretty good.Very little impact and had some good features,call blocker was excellent.
Comodo did what it was supposed to for the price of free.
Have used ESET and Avast both are very good also.
Have been using Kaspersky for a few months now.
Also use Adguard

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
What did you think of Avast Mobile Security with in-app Ads? What made you decide on Kaspersky over ESET?

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
What did you think of Avast Mobile Security with in-app Ads? What made you decide on Kaspersky over ESET?
The ads are the main reason I moved away from Avast.
I use Kaspersky on many PC's and ESET on a few.
Licensing was probably the main reason for not considering ESET anymore.
Even with the newest version ESET Internet Security Premium it does not include mobile security as you have to purchase a multi device pack or the Android mobile security.
With a Kaspersky Internet Security 3 device license you activate it on Android.
Cost wise I think Kaspersky comes in less.
Protection and features they are both about the same.

Ink

Administrator
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 8, 2011
Agree with you on the In-app Ads on Avast Mobile Security. The benefits to upgrade to Pro didn't feel worth the price for the few uninteresting features.

Surprised to seeing the non-exist difference between ESET Internet Security and Smart Security Premium. For £10 more you get a Password Manager and Encryption tool.
upload_2017-1-15_19-21-3.png

S3cur1ty 3nthu5145t

Level 6
Verified
May 22, 2017
The ads are the main reason I moved away from Avast.
I use Kaspersky on many PC's and ESET on a few.
Licensing was probably the main reason for not considering ESET anymore.
Even with the newest version ESET Internet Security Premium it does not include mobile security as you have to purchase a multi device pack or the Android mobile security.
With a Kaspersky Internet Security 3 device license you activate it on Android.
Cost wise I think Kaspersky comes in less.
Protection and features they are both about the same.
I have not used Kaspersky mobile, but have been using Eset Mobile now for a couple weeks after removing Norton Mobile, which was buggy and nagged me often to install other Norton mobile products. I really like Eset mobile and more then likely will be keeping it for the long haul.

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
Curious what phones you all have minus the OP? I have a Pixel XL and do not use anything. Have tried a few over the years but never saw the benefit of having one. Most of them just caused wakelocks and then battery drain for me. Only thing I do use currently is DNS66 to block ads.

Glashouse

Level 4
Verified
Well-known
Jun 4, 2017
I am using Kasperky 2017 too on my 7 Edge, runs like charme and no problems so ++ from my side.

Reactions: Trooper

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
I am using Kasperky 2017 too on my 7 Edge, runs like charme and no problems so ++ from my side.

I tried KIS but felt it was too much and slowed down my device. Recently went back to just using AdGuard. Good times.

Reactions: lon990109

RoboMan

Level 34
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Well-known
Jun 24, 2016
I don't really think you need an anti virus solution for your Android device, if it's on Marshmallow or further. Permissions Manager can do the job for you if you know how to read and you're not stupid.

Reactions: Trooper

Trooper

Level 16
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Aug 28, 2015
I don't really think you need an anti virus solution for your Android device, if it's on Marshmallow or further. Permissions Manager can do the job for you if you know how to read and you're not stupid.

That is how I feel as well. Tried a ton of them over the years. Most are bloated piles of garbage that cause wakelocks and thus battery drain.

Reactions: RoboMan
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.