15:9
My computer protection
Kaspersky Internet Security 2018 latest build

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
Ah MSI. I am happy to say my ROG still acts like new.
I did consider MSI in the past and again, most likely due to its hardware of choice and price tag I might go for it next upgrade, tho, you cannot deny Origin laptops beauty/specs

Soulbound

Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Jan 14, 2015
A really good laptop.
In my country the same laptop costs 1900 euros but the GTX 1060 has 6 GB of RAM.
@Soulweave never heard for Origin laptops. How good are they compared to MSI ?
Custom made. Basically more expensive than MSI/ASUS/Alienware
Compare All Laptops | Origin PC

They just as good as MSI and ASUS, but give you the possibility of further customization.

tonibalas

Level 40
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Well-known
Sep 26, 2014
Custom made. Basically more expensive than MSI/ASUS/Alienware
Compare All Laptops | Origin PC

They just as good as MSI and ASUS, but give you the possibility of further customization.
Very good looking laptops and with very good specs.
The 15'' laptps can be bought for 70 to 80 $ per month, that's a good offer i think.
Thanks for the information;)

LASER_oneXM

Level 37
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Feb 4, 2016
...nice gaming laptop: brand new generation (with GTX 10xx) ! I already have 2 MSI gaming laptops
(with GTX 860M/15'' and GTX 970M/17''): both are still running fine.... had no problems at all with the hardware/MSI.
Currently planning to buy one of these brand new gaming laptops for my girlfriend.

Exterminator

Community Manager
Thread author
Verified
Staff Member
Well-known
Oct 23, 2012
Ah MSI. I am happy to say my ROG still acts like new.
I did consider MSI in the past and again, most likely due to its hardware of choice and price tag I might go for it next upgrade, tho, you cannot deny Origin laptops beauty/specs
1 out of 3 of us with the ROG ain't bad :D
Mine is still running but one HDD is bad and I had to go back to Windows 7.Problem with ASUS support is they have no idea either and if they did they probably wouldn't know how to solve it :D
I took an 15.6" HP Omen for a spin price tag on that was around $1000 USD however on 8GB memory older GPU and a smaller SSD.
The problem there was certain functions such as changing the lighted keyboard to different colors and zones did not work because the software is not updated :confused:
I have been looking at MSI for a while now so I recovered the HP omen and took it back,gotta love Best Buy :D,and got the MSI.
They have a similar one that is thinner and lighter but it runs hot.Mine is really not very heavy and with bigger fans runs much cooler.
IMO MSI is every bit as good as Alienware with a about $200-$300 less price tag for the same specs.

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.