F‑Secure SAFE internet security Free for 5 devices,1 year (normally £79.99 a year)

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
I am not sure if I should use this or Kaspersky Free? What do you guys think?

Kaspersky Free had no HIPS and System Watcher ,
also disable some pretty useful protect , such as Firewall、Ransomware protect and Rollback .

I think F-Secure SAFE is more better than Kaspersky Free , after all , it's premium product . :)
F-Secure also had a very powerful protect technology call " DeepGuard " .

F-Secure very kind this time , almost give their top product to be a giveaway ,
should worth take a try . :D

Last edited:

CyberTech

Level 44
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 10, 2017
For the free Antivirus , avast is a pretty good choose ,
however this time F-Secure give their top product to be a giveaway ,
It worth it to take a try .
And not only can use on Windows system , but also on MAC or your smart phone ,
such as Android or iPhone . (y)

If you real don't like it or don't get used to , you can reinstall avast back in anytime you like ,
after all avast is free , there is no time limit . ;)

But don't forgot , seems F-Secure will ask you to remove other security tool , such as Zemana and Malwarebytes ,
if you want to use them both , you must remove other security tool first , after F-Secure install success , than install other security tool back .
( P.S: don't forget to export the security tool's setting , after reinstall back , you won't need to resetting again)

Hmm well i've decided i don't want to install that because i installed three programs as i mentioned it they are not free so yea Avast internet security is very good than F-Security safe :) and i almost forgot that they have app for smartphone so i downloaded it on my iphone it looks goood thanks for your help(y)

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
I had received many member from other forum send a private message to me ,
told me that this Giveaway seems already to be over .

Those member try to create a new account , but only get 1 month free trial license ,
or even show the message say " Registration is not available from your country. " .

Is there anyone still can success get 12 months license by this giveaway ?

Last edited:

Malakke

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Jan 29, 2013
I had received many member from other forum send a private message to me ,
told me that this Giveaway seems already to be over .

Those member try to create a new account , but only get 1 month free trial license ,
or even show the message say " Registration is not available from your country. " .

Is there anyone still can success get 12 months license by this giveaway ?

Yepp. VPN from UK is your friend...

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
Yepp. VPN from UK is your friend...

Thanks , so indeed they make some limit right ?
Did you already confirm that VPN from UK still working for this giveaway ?

Because i already have F-Secure account with this giveaway ,
so i am not going to test by VPN again and waste the quota ,
let's see other member success or not .

---------------

by the way , we have a almost same avatar , lol
But my tiger had a Rabbit teeth ~ :LOL:

Last edited:

upnorth

Verified
Staff Member
Malware Hunter
Well-known
Jul 27, 2015
The sad part is when a wonderful gift like this gets abused and ofcourse it does as there always greedy little suckers out there. It's just a matter of time before it gets shutdown in one way or another and it's even a risk accounts will be restricted. F-Secure previously done the exact same with there software Freedome so don't get surprised if it happens.

Q&A - Freedome VPN Subscription Issue?

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
F-Secure generally score very well in the AV labs tests so I think this product is very solid.
They tend to have a lot of "false positives" but I'd rather have that then let malware onto my system. The F-Secure SAFE software also has a greater impact on system performance than the very best products in the tests.
Overall, F-Secure are a very solid brand with a good reputation. This is an excellent giveaway.

upload_2017-12-5_22-53-46.png

amico81

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Jan 10, 2017
sorry but these test are just a moment or a snapshot from any antivirus.
please take a look at our malwarehub and you will see that the good score from f-secure is going down.

Reactions: catjc and upnorth

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
Thanks , so indeed they make some limit right ?
Did you already confirm that VPN from UK still working for this giveaway ?

Because i already have F-Secure account with this giveaway ,
so i am not going to test by VPN again and waste the quota ,
let's see other member success or not .

---------------

by the way , we have a almost same avatar , lol
But my tiger had a Rabbit teeth ~ :LOL:

Today VPN has worked for me ;)

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

Since many are not "virgin media customers" who took this offer, I would expect proper actions taken from F-Secure after a.while, reducing license expiration time to 30 day.trial to foreign users :D I've seen them doing it in the past, so just be prepared. :rolleyes:

GonzitoVir

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
May 16, 2017
Since many are not "virgin media customers" who took this offer, I would expect proper actions taken from F-Secure after a.while, reducing license expiration time to 30 day.trial to foreign users :D I've seen them doing it in the past, so just be prepared. :rolleyes:

I've never used F-Secure that I remember. So I'll try it as long as it is active.

D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

I've never used F-Secure that I remember. So I'll try it as long as it is active.
There's an active 6 month giveaway for F-Secure SAFE for 3 devices Der beste Schutz jetzt kostenlos | F-Secure SAFE which isn't region specific/locked as far as I know, it's just in german, so in case this 1 year giveaway license time cuts off because of foreign customers, there's a plan B, anyway, good luck with evaluating F-Secure :)

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.