F‑Secure SAFE internet security Free for 5 devices,1 year (normally £79.99 a year)

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
sorry but these test are just a moment or a snapshot from any antivirus.
please take a look at our malwarehub and you will see that the good score from f-secure is going down.

I will have a look at that.

I keep a close eye on both Av-test and Av-comparatives. Both of these labs have shown F-secure to give consistently strong protection in their monthly tests. So I don;t think F-Secure is bad at all. In fact, it looks like one of the better security products on the market.

In my view the very best security products are those from Norton and Kasperksy- both of these always do well. I also look at SELabs quarterly tests. They don't test F-Secure but they seem to rate Norton, Kaspersky and ESET. Bitdefender is less consistent according to their testing.

KevinYu0504

Level 5
Verified
Well-known
Mar 10, 2017
Today VPN has worked for me ;)

Great , good to know that .

However just like davisd sad at #38 ,
i believe most of user are not "virgin media customers" ,
so i decide not going to public the VPN to UK still working for this giveaway at other place(forum) .

Hope to keep some quota for those who really need this giveaway user . :)

There's an active 6 month giveaway for F-Secure SAFE for 3 devices Der beste Schutz jetzt kostenlos | F-Secure SAFE which isn't region specific/locked as far as I know, it's just in german, so in case this 1 year giveaway license time cuts off because of foreign customers, there's a plan B, anyway, good luck with evaluating F-Secure :)

This giveaway seems it's Internet Security but not the product " SAFE " ,
can't use it on mobile device ,
however it's still good giveaway ,
Thanks for sharing this . :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 3a5v73x

This giveaway seems it's Internet Security but not the product " SAFE " ,
can't use it on mobile device ,
however it's still good giveaway ,
Thanks for sharing this . :)
It does work for mobile, just make sure you install the right version from Play store, then log in with the account you created for F-Secure SAFE.

Screenshot_20171207-071004.png Screenshot_20171207-071019.png Screenshot_20171207-071026.png Screenshot_20171207-071123.png Screenshot_20171207-070534.png

jetman

Level 10
Verified
Well-known
Jun 6, 2017
I will have a look at that.

I keep a close eye on both Av-test and Av-comparatives. Both of these labs have shown F-secure to give consistently strong protection in their monthly tests. So I don;t think F-Secure is bad at all. In fact, it looks like one of the better security products on the market.

In my view the very best security products are those from Norton and Kasperksy- both of these always do well. I also look at SELabs quarterly tests. They don't test F-Secure but they seem to rate Norton, Kaspersky and ESET. Bitdefender is less consistent according to their testing.

I'm going to take back what I said.

Although the Windows protection looks reasonable, Av-Test show this software to offer poor Android protection. Better than nothing though.

Lightning_Brian

Level 15
Verified
Top Poster
Content Creator
Sep 1, 2017
I'm going to take back what I said.

Although the Windows protection looks reasonable, Av-Test show this software to offer poor Android protection. Better than nothing though.

My company reviewed F-Secure and the false positives along were a large deterrent for our corporate environment. We didn't want to be responding to what F-Secure classifies as an emergency only to find out its a false positive. Two great AVs for business that we determined through a lot of testing is Bitdefender and Kaspersky.
Personally, from a home environment standpoint I'd recommend both of these AV companies along with Avast (free/paid), and VoodooShield.

Another piece of software that I have been quite impressed with is Shadow Defender + any mix of other security tools. This takes a system and really locks it down. Putting this on an already locked down and backed up VM we don't have to worry as much.

@crezz Glad I am not the only one to see the downsides. However, if a person can fight through the false positives this is a good AV.

~Brian

Serious Noize

Level 5
Verified
Jan 13, 2014
If you have Charter Internet service like I have then you can get their Internet Security Suite for free. Supposedly
BY : F-SECURE.

What I would like to know, is this the same protection that Charter Internet Security by F-SECURE provides? Or is it better?

Does Charter Internet Security by F-SECURE work or PROTECT just as well? And if so, is there any reason I should purchase a different version from
F-SECURE?

Is F-SECURE Spyware for Charter Internet Security based on their TERMS OF SERVICE where their customer base goes?

Lot's of questions on this software, no apologies, because I am sure others have the same questions.

Who are these questions directed at you might ask? F-SECURE?

This is why I don't use service providers type of software, because when you agree to their terms of service, you might very well be agreeing
to things you are not aware of to begin with.

I don't like F-SECURE CHARTER VERSION at all. I tried it, it's waaaaay heavy compared to every other antivirus software I tried. And my
system, while not state of the art, it's pretty kick butt you might say!

I would recommend IN MY OPINION anything over F-SECURE! Especially CHARTER F-SECURE VERSION! because it just leaves you with the feeling
that some how or some way or for some unknown reason "CHARTER EVIL : CHARTER BAD!"........ Or that your service provider is giving you a security suite that is SPYING ON YOU!

Happy Holidays!

Dave Russo

Level 21
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
May 26, 2014
I highly disagree, for me, F Secure is one of the worst, there are no settings to configure, nothing to tweak. Malware detection wise it's just hit or miss. Giveaway is very generous indeed, but I don't feel like F Secure is even worth to be paid for o_O, It's just that empty, only my personal opinion.
I also agree,sure free is great,but program is boring,if you like tweaking ,I bet you will uninstall it in a week

F

ForgottenSeer 58943

My ISP provides F-Secure for free but I don't use it. I can't stand it and it slows down even the beefiest PC. Virtually no settings to adjust, nothing granular whatsoever, poor interface overall..

They've offered it for free for almost a decade but I still don't use it. Also, I found that 'potentially' my ISP was spying on my web activities through the program because I found a strange NX Redirect in it. I don't trust it, I don't trust my ISP and consequently, don't really trust F-Secure.

Reactions: Sunshine-boy

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.