Q&A F-Secure and Comodo Firewall - Are they compatible?

Discussion in 'F-Secure' started by SearchLight, Aug 12, 2017.

1. SearchLight

SearchLight Level 3

Jul 3, 2017
    New Jersey
    Windows 10
    I am running CF with cs settings, and wanted to add F-Secure AV as a complement to it. Upon installation, it identifies CF as incompatible, and states that if I continue, it will uninstall CF.

How do I bypass this action?

Secondly, in the Help file of FSAV, it states that it can be used with other firewalls but if I disable the Windows Firewall Control within the program, it displays a red message that my
    system is not secure.

How do I disable WFC permanently within FSAV so I do not receive the "not protected"
    message ongoing?

2. Sunshine-boy

Sunshine-boy Level 24

Apr 1, 2017
    Windows 10
    First, you need to install the f-secure and after that Comodo!
    Now you have to remove Comodo then install the f-secure and after that install THE Comodo again.
    Btw if it says to remove the Comodo it means they don't work with eachother.. you should not use Comodo FW with f-secure.
    incompatible==avoid it :)
    that red message doesn't matter don't mind it, no way to disable win fw from f-secure GUI
    frogboy and Deletedmessiah like this.
  3. Trickster

Trickster Level 14

Jul 28, 2016
    Loving / caring Husband :)
    Windows 10
    I think itis a fault in all of f-secure's installers. when I did use them ( Internet Security ) it gave compatibillity warnings with multiple programms I did want to install : shadow defender , peerblock , zemana , malwarebytes. so I will not use it again.
    ispx, frogboy and Deletedmessiah like this.
  4. Deletedmessiah

Deletedmessiah Level 17

Jan 16, 2017
    Outer space
    Windows 8.1
    Follow @public enemy's suggestion. Uninstall CFW, install F-Secure and reinstall CFW again. Bitdefender has similar issues, F-Secure uses bitdefender engine so the issue might be similar.
    ispx, DeepWeb, Sunshine-boy and 2 others like this.