App Review F-Secure Antivirus 16.5 DeepGuard Test (with and without internet)

It is advised to take all reviews with a grain of salt. In extreme cases some reviews use dramatization for entertainment purposes.

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016

00:00 Test without internet connection
19:21 Test with internet connection

I was very disappointed with DeepGuard. At first I thought it was bad just because I've sacked the internet connection for testing purposes, but as you can see from the second half of the video, it was almost worse with the internet connection. I never used recent versions of F-Secure, but I heard DeepGuard was good. Apparently that's not really the case, because as you can see from the test video, it was very poor, detecting only few samples. Not impressed by DeepGuard at all. Back to the drawing board F-Secure!

Evjl's Rain

Level 47
Verified
Honorary Member
Top Poster
Content Creator
Malware Hunter
Apr 18, 2016
Liked the video a lot, but they are a bit too big. Maybe you could make them shorter?
at least he put the summary at the end so we have a little idea how it performed :D
we can use x2 speed on youtube. I see that very useful for this kind of exhauting but thorough videos (because of the high number of samples) :)

RejZoR

Level 15
Thread author
Verified
Top Poster
Well-known
Nov 26, 2016
Yeah, well, there is no way coming around the way how these tests are conducted. If I speed them up, I'd have to narrate them separately. I hate video editing, the cutting of larger segments is enough I have to deal with. I always do it live and in one go as I'm testing the products. And I never test them in advance (one exception being AVG which I was testing before I started doing videos).

About us

• MalwareTips is a community-driven platform providing the latest information and resources on malware and cyber threats. Our team of experienced professionals and passionate volunteers work to keep the internet safe and secure. We provide accurate, up-to-date information and strive to build a strong and supportive community dedicated to cybersecurity.

User Menu

Follow us

Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to know first about the latest cybersecurity incidents and malware threats.